Getting an AudioCodes MP-114 FXS_FXO configured

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TechieM2, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechieM2

I'm trying to get an AudioCodes MP-114 FXS_FXO configured with my 3CX system and I've been having issues getting things routing correctly.

On the 3CX Side I have:
    Generic SIP SIP trunk using IP based authentication and both DIDs configured for the 2 FXO connections.
    One is a POTS line once I get everything working right that directs to a ring group and one is an OOMA Telo that is used for incoming only (that DID directs to my extension voicemail).
    Two extensions for the FXS ports (one will be used by a cordless phone, the other is for another if needed later).

One the Gateway I have it currently configured for Per Endpoint registration and have the FXS ports registering.

From my testing today:
    Calls from SIP extension to the Gateway extension worked fine.
    Calls from SIP extension to outside number seemed to work (needs more testing to be sure..my cell had no signal when trying to test).
    However, calls from Gateway Extension to SIP extension or to outside numbers both caused it to ring the PBX like an incoming call from the POTs line, instead of going outside or to the correct extension.
    With the Gateway to SIP tests I did it both when I had no registration in place and with the FXS ports registered and it behaved the same

Has anyone had success getting something like this configured properly?
    This is the first time I've worked on setting up a proper gateway - I use a DAHDI card in the old PBX system that I'm trying to replace.

I can post more detailed configs if that would be helpful.

Thank you!

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I strongly suggest using a supported gateway, such as a Patton 4114, rather then trying to get an audiocodes to work.

And if you have fast internet i would recommend getting a SIP trunk and doing away with the gateway alltogether. You can find an inexpensive cordless SIP phone to avoid the need for an FXS adapter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Nick Galea, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

It seems like same story with Unsupported IP Phone:oops:

Our solution partners’ solutions are all thoroughly tested in our advanced interoperability labs to ensure that customers can enjoy a hassle-free deployment.

• Proven integration with leading PBXs, IP-PBXs,and softswitches

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TechieM2

I am considering it if I can't get the AudioCodes working fully.
    Does 3CX properly handle the Patton SN4114 with 2 FXS and 2 FXO ports or only the individual FXO only/FXS only models?

Unfortunately I need the analog capabilities since the parents refuse to drop the POTS line (I do route their long distance calls over my SIP trunks though).
    I tried doing all SIP phones before and that didn't go over well...so gotta have that FXS for a standard multi-handset cordless phone. *sigh*

If it was just me yeah, I'd just go with my SIP trunks and all SIP phones.

I guess one option would be to pickup the Patton FXS and keep the AudioCodes for FXO Only since that seems to be working properly and get it setup for it's FXO to go out directly and not to the PBX..that way in case of an internet outage I could just move the cordless phone over from the Patton to the AudioCodes for direct POTS usage.

Nick Galea likes this.
  5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Personally, i would suggest moving away from FXS/FXO. Put your foot down :) You are installing the latest technology PBX and wanting to connect old things to it. Its liking buying the latest Tesla but asking the garage to replace the electric engine with a diesel engine upon delivery.

If they want POTs for backup, connect the old cordless to the pots line and then use the new PBX for everything else. Also it seems that you run your own PBX.... Why not give your parents an extension on your own PBX rather than a whole PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.