Getting an occasional echo during calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph

Ralph Member

We have been getting an echo during calls every now and then. It appears that only we can hear it not the party on the other end.

We are using 3CX version 3.x (latest). The server is dedicated with 1 gig of RAM, P4 3.0ghz CPU, and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise ed. We are also using Polycom Soundpoint IP 501 phones. QOS has been implemented on the network and there is plenty of bandwidth.

Other then getting an echo every now and then the call quality has been excellent.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks again

2. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

I also do get that now and again.
    I use both Sipgate.co.uk and my Astrisk installation at the office(Using TDM400 FXO)
    The echo is only for the first 30sec of the call and then goes away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weebnuts

I get it as well, but not all the time.

4. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning

The echo occurs occasionally and now that I think about it, it does stop after a short period of time.

5. cjammer

cjammer New Member

I too get the echo and mine stops to after a short time. If you listen closely then you can hear a small hiss that fades out in a few seconds.

Cjammer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I don't get echos but has static or jitters. After a few seconds, under 30, it goes away.

Does it take the sip packets a few seconds to find the best path or force QOS into action?

7. paul@pcjen.co.uk

Call Quality through Patton Gateway

Hi
    We too are also getting an intermittant echo/delay, this would appear to be mainly on calls through a PSTN to a Patton 4114 Gateway. Calls through SIP appear to be better quality. We are using Snom phones, a mix of 300'2 and 360's. We have disabled AntiVirus on the 3CX Server, any other things we might try please.
    Paul

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Version 4 will help

In our internal tests, it seems that 3CX Phone System version 4 will reduce echo when making calls on grandstream gateways. In defense of Grandstream, this does not seem to have been a Grandstream problem but more an interoperability issue. In cooperation with Grandstream we addressed this issue.

Basically the way our new media server handles calls, has made a significant improvement in delay and echo issues.

We hope to release a stable beta soon, over the next few days, and i recommend trying it out and seeing if echo has improved.

In our tests in our live environment, there has been a significant improvement of the voice quality.

9. fratan

I'm using a polycom 601 with the latest version of 3cx. I too have been getting echo only on my end. QOS has been set up on the router side. I'm thinking the audio processing on the g.711u and a needs tweaking. Has any one else tweaked the 3gx setup from the original config.
    thanks,

10. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Echo is not a problem of 3CX or IP-phones. The source of the Echo is analog side of the call. You need to use voip gateway with good echo canceler and good analog equipment.
    Read this http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/solutions_docs/voip_solutions/EA_ISD.html

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CX PBX is not a source of echo. All audio streams (which are handled by PBX) delivered "as it is". Any well-grounded reclamations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.