Getting "Call Failed" on remote STUN-Remote phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by I.T Delinquent, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I.T Delinquent

Hi,

I have a remote phone that is on the latest firmware which when trying to make calls is showing the message attached in the photo 20180301_111057.jpg
    We can hear audio in but no audio out.

Is this most likely a firewall issue as the users extension is enable to be used outside of the LAN.

Thank you for all your help.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @I.T Delinquent

How was the phone provisioned? Did you use RPS or manually inserted the provisioning link into the phone? Does the phone register correctly? Do extension to extension calls work or is the issue only with external calls?
    Have you provisioned the phone using the default template and supported firmware?

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

4. I.T Delinquent

Thank you, both for your replies. I thought it was most likely the firewall configuration.

The phone is provisioned manually and provisions fine. Neither extensions nor external calls work properly. The phone is using no custom template and it on the latest firmware version for the T46S.

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Need more info. The screenshot of the display shows a call failed and then a decline message. This implies an issue that is different from which is described as it seemingly indicates that a call was initiated by the remote extension and upon reaching 3CX, the authentication or source was incorrect and 3CX refused to service the call. There would have been no audio (no voice as dialtone may have been heard, but dialtone is generated by the phone, not 3CX).

It would be helpful to know:
    1. which version of 3CX is being used?
    2. Are the remote phones registered with 3CX?
    3. At the 3CX site, have the required ports been forwarded and the firewall checker run and passed?
    3. If registered, what happens when the remote phone dials voice mail? Do you hear the prompt?
    4. What happens when the remote phone dials the echo test *777 (or your digit length), what do you hear?
    5. How many phones sit behind the remote firewall and is that firewall's and/or cable modem SIP
    SIP ALG/Helper been disabled?
    6. Does each remote phone behind the remote firewall have its own local SIP port and RTP range so that no two phones are using the same ports?
    7, Does each phone have the remote IP or FQDN plugged into the NAT IP setting for each phone?
    8. Are keep alives enabled in each phone and are they set to 30 seconds or less?
    9 In the SIP server IP for the account settings are you using the 3CX public IP or FQDN?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.