Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Getting "Invalid PIN" with Sipgate

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by levander, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levander

Trying to get C3X working with Sipgate, I've followed these instructions:

http://www.3cx.com/VOIP/ip-phone-help/Voip-provider.html

But, when C3X tries to connect to Sipgate, I get "Invalid PIN".

I assume that has something to do with the SIP credentials I've entered for Sipgate. I've double checked the SIP ID and password (which I'm aware aren't the same as the username/password for the Sipgate web site itself, you have to go into SIP credentials to see them). I've double checked these several times.

In C3X, I don't see a place to put in a PIN. Is the PIN my SIP ID or password? I'm lost.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

We get quite alot of phone calls regardings this, i shall do a video guide on how to setup 3CX with Sipgate and post url back in this topic, give me 20 minutes :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Here You go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KeNktn9fYY

this was done quickly and so was rushing abit, but i think ive covered it all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. levander

Wow! Thanks David. I've never had anyone do a video for me when I've asked for help before. That was great.

It looks like the C3X client I'm using and the one you're using is different. It looks like your using some enterprise version of C3X. I'm just use the freebie download C3X one. I tried a few, the free C3X one is the best. And it was also interesting that the UK Sipgate web site is a little different than the US one. It's all the same stuff, you just get to stuff like SIP credentials a little different. No idea why they did that.

It turned out the problem I was have was one of two possible things. The first thing is that I noticed on the Sipgate web site, when you make a change, it takes "a while" (how long, I don't know, at least 30 seconds, maybe as long as 5 minutes) for the changes you make to propagate from the web site to where you can actually use them with your C3X softphone. So, it could have been the reason I was getting "Invalid PIN" just had something to do with me using old settings that I had configured on the web site, but hadn't actually propagated through the system for me to use them yet.

The second possibility for what the problem was is that I actually have two softphones I'm using here. One is Nimbuzz running on an iPad, the other is C3X running on Windows 7. The thing is, in my Sipgate account, I can make as many "phones" as I want. Each phone has it's own SIP Credentials. And, I was using the same SIP credentials on both Nimbuzz and C3X here locally. It's possible that you can't use the same SIP credentials on both local softphones? When I created two phones with different SIP credentials on the Sipgate web site, then went and used the different SIP credentials in my two local softphones here, it worked fine.

But then I thought about it later and realized the problem may have nothing to do with using the same SIP credentials in different phones. It may have just been because I was playing with the Sigpate web site so much, changes weren't propagated through their system even though it looked on their web site like I was using the right SIP credentials? I really don't know. I'll probably play more with it later.

Thanks for doing the video. That was really kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.