• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Getting PAP2-NA to Route with Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

motormal

Reaction score
I have a PAP2-NA that I'm trying to configure for 3CX. It seems to be *almost* working and I'm wondering what simple thing I'm missing. The phone plugged into the ATA can talk to the 3CX server and receives incoming calls. Outgoing calls from this phone fail (busy signal). Outgoing calls from a 3CX soft phone I have running on a computer are OK.

In the Server Activity Log I see that ATA phone fails with the messages:
Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]>
No known route to target: <sip:[email protected]>
Attempt to reach <sip:[email protected]> failed. Reason: Not Found

The soft phone succeeds at this step with:
Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]:5060>

So it seems to me the ATA isn't specify the port (5060) on the sip route request. Anyone know how to configure the ATA or the server to get the port appended?

Thanks, and cheers!
malcolm

Can you dial from the PAP2-NA to another extension on the 3CX system. If you can I think the problem might not be in the PAP2-NA settings but in the 3CX outbound rules.

Is the route that selects the provider for calls to "555555555" limited to certain extensions or extension groups. May be the softphone extension is included in the dial plan but not the extension number for the PAP2-NA.

My ATA Info page looks like this:
http://tinypic.com/r/1zfr5kz/6

paul:
I can't dial to other extensions. Same failure point:
No known route to target: <sip:[email protected]>
I'll poke around in anything that looks suspicious in the settings you mention.

My bad, extension 102 was the ATA. When I tried the soft phone extension (100) it went through.
Seems strange that the soft phone can get out to a number and the ATA phone can't get out to that same number.

My PAP2 does show the :5060 but I didn't do anything special when I set it up.

Try adding the :5060 to the end of the IP address you register to in the PAP2 and see if that makes any difference.

I deleted and re-added my Outbound Rule to my voip provider. Everything works. For any others reading this post I didn't append the port to the IP in the ATA. Something just seemed to be messed with the Outbound Rule - even though both the soft phone and the ATA extensions where configured to use the same rule.

You didn't have any extension (range) restrictions in the outbound rule by chance?

I didn't, the extensions field was blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.