• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Getting Push to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred.flint

Reaction score
Followed the admin manual but it is a little out of date as google has changed. All setup and have key etc but push not happening for android or iphone.

Project Number (GCM Sender ID) field is not a number from google either, in my case google provided "watchful-net-737" which I have used. Is this going to cause an issue ?
7mW8Tpv.png

YhCuS5K.png

I have manually added an iphone and android device as they 'appeared' in the phones tab, I guess they were auto detected ?

Lastly, I couldn't see in the admin manual what number format to use for the 'mobile number' in the extension setup so used the standard country code, is this correct ?

ClVTYIe.png

So the above is problem 1, push not working for apple or android.

Problem 2, android or apple phones wont connect when using cell data instead of lan wifi. I have opened and forwarded the ports stated in this doc http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/ and the firewall checker is all green.
byUVwAc.png

Checking a handset and it does have the correct public IP for external PBX and STUN server.

Any help appreciated, I want to work out all the gremlins before moving to a production environment as we have a _LOT_ of mobiles and I don't want to be playing around with each one manually like I'm having to do now.

thanks

Consider that if the firewall is behaving properly, then it could be that the cell phone provider is blocking the device. Assuming that you may also be using a SIP Trunk provider for your land-lines, if these are working properly then this should be a confirmation of a successful set-up. Have you tried using the embedded tunnel on an Android phone? I do not use iPhone, so am uncertain if the same exists for that platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.