• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Getting the following log entry when call sound is one way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph

Reaction score
I am getting the following log entry from server status when a call has one way sound only:

[MS211000] Call(11) Ext.201: DTMF (RTP) from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2236 arrived. in-band DTMF tone detection is turned off.

Anyone know if this has anything to do with being able to hear but not talk during an outgoing call??

Is this somthing I should be worried about?

Thank you

Check out the following post about dtmf tone being off.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1783

As for you the one way audio:

One-way audio is usually caused by firewalls or routers which let the traffic pass outside, but do not allow traffic to come in. In many cases this is the probem if you register a trunk with a service provider that does not properly support network address translation (NAT).

One cause of one-way audio can be outdated firmware in routers, VOIP phones, Firewalls, etc. Ensure you have the latest updates for all the devices in the call path.

Check your router/firewall to be sure the correct ports are open to your 3cx server if you are using a VoIP Provider.

Please describe you network setup if the above doesn't help.

Thanks Fynskisb16,

I checked the firewall again and all is ok as near as I can tell.

The problem occurs occasionally not all the time so I doubt it is a firewall setting. Most calls are fine.

Seems this is a network issue. Latency maybe. Are you using a VoIP provider? If you are find out if the provider has other SIP proxy servers. Do a simple ping test to each one and change the SIP proxy within the VoIP gateway setting on your server to the one with the lowest response time.

Yep done that

We are using BroadVoice. I have already cycled through all the proxy servers and picked the one with the lowest latency.

What is interesting is that it occures randomly. Most calls are fine. Some calls start out fine and end up one way. Some calls are one way the entire time. Then of course some calls end up with several seconds of latency.

Anyhow I should probably give BroadVoice a call. I'm wondering if maybe some of the latency might be due to a strain on capacity caused by an influx of Sunrocket refugees.

Let me know what you find out. I'm thinking of using them on some upcoming installs. What type of Internet connection are you using? I've seen some issue with latency on Cable.

hi

We are using Comcast. hmmm we have Qwest comming in next week for a backup line. Maybe Ill switch over to them and see if the issue persists.

Cable broadband your sharing the pipe with everyone else. Take a look at the cable modem light and its always flickering. For kicks put a sniffer on your modem and you'll see a sorts of stuff. DSL is a more "Dedicated" link. Be sure to test the proxy server if you switch to DSL. The response time might me better.

Ralph said:
Thanks Fynskisb16,

I checked the firewall again and all is ok as near as I can tell.

The problem occurs occasionally not all the time so I doubt it is a firewall setting. Most calls are fine.

In which direction audio is not delivered? "To remote party" or "from remote party"?

Its random

Its random, on one call it might be the sound to the calling party on another it my be sound from the same party.

Sorta makes it hard to track down :?

I know you said it was random incoming vs. outgoing but if you can get a better feel for which is worse that would help your providor.
nexVortex said each direction comes from a different source so if there are incoming call problems they work with one company. Outbound calls is someone else.
Using pingplotter I was able to see where the problems are based on IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.