Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Getting updates ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by phil@lgmanor.com, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phil@lgmanor.com

At the top, the system is showing "Up to Date", but I am seeing messages about reference to Yealink T4 templates with id of 62929 and 62930. Mine in the directories are all 62928.

I see now what to check. I also don't see any options now for firmware downloads, language choices, etc.

2. phil@lgmanor.com

I found a flaw in the updates logic. All of our phones are using a customized version of the T4X Template, even though we have the version number the same. Since no phone is assigned the default one, the update logic does not check for it.

I got around it for now, by temporarily assigning a phone to the default template. Check for updates and downloaded, then changed it back to the custom template.

#2 phil@lgmanor.com, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. phil@lgmanor.com

The above should be an easy fix. In phones you are displaying the model, in this case SIP-T48G, so it knows to look for new firmware. While checking for firmware, check for the associated template.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @phil@lgmanor.com

Please note that with the new service pack the update logic is not check for anything that it is not used by PBX. If you are not using the default templates then the PBX will not check for updates for them. If you would like to see if updates are available for your phones you can create a dummy extension and add a phone (default template) to that extension with a fake mac address and the PBX will check to see if updates are found for that phone.

5. phil@lgmanor.com

But then you get to chicken and egg problem. I decided to install a new phone that I haven't used before. I have no way of checking for the lastest firmware or template BEFORE I start any configuration process. There needs to be a way to "display all available"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.