Ghost Extension?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Vali_3CX, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Simple

1 - during tests, I was able to create such a "ghost" only in one scenario: PBX has "phone decide busy status" for phone A; phone A calls phone A; phone A crash or is killed by TaskManager. To remove the ghost, from the Configuration Panel I had to restart Configuration Service. If your scenario is different, describe it, we are aware of this issue.

2 - it's normal to appear a second 201 extension, next to the "ghost". Not only a phone has multiple lines, therefore for each one, when active, appearing another "201 extension" on the screen, but also remember that PBX allows multiple connections having same extension and credentials - for instance, your extension is 201, but you have one phone in the livingroom and one in the bedroom, you want to be able to call from any and to answer from any, so you set them both as 201. Thus, if first phone crashed, for the PBX its still an active one - the "ghost". When you call from the second one, for the PBX it's just another instance of the same extension.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ah, Simple, one more thing (since I've done my test again) - important one:
    - there is another possibility to remove the ringing ghost: in the configuration panel, on extensions status, select it and from the button above "Disconnect Call" disconnect it. In this way, it won't be necessary to restart the whole configuration service. However, this way of disconnecting is available only for licensed PBXes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.