• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gigaset 850-Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
Has anyone set up a Gigaset 850Go with 3CX?

I have one of these because the base station connects directly to our house PSTN line but it would be useful to be able to transfer 3CX calls to the dect handsets as well.

I've logged in to the base unit and configured the first IP config thus

Auth name = 202
Auth pwd = (pasted from 3CX setup screen for Extn 202)
Username = 202
Display name = 202

Proxy server address = 192.168.1.50
Proxy server port = 5060
Registration server address = 192.168.1.50
Reg srv port = 5060
Reg refresh = 180 sec
Stun - left blank
Outbound server address = 192.168.1.50
Outbound proxy port = 5060
Network protocol = auto

But it just doesn't seem to want to register with the PBX. I see no errors or indeed anything relating to this in the 3CX logs. Not had chance to wireshark it yet...

If the IP address is correct, then you should see a log with an attempted registration. Could it be a gateway, or DNS misconfiguration on the Gigaset? In some cases, cutting and pasting passwords has added blank spaces, which caused rejection, but you aren't even seeing that. I would double check the network settings on the phone. Perhaps the Network Protocol setting?

I agree, it ought to show in the logs. Baffled that it doesn't. Untill I have time to wireshark it... But I'm happy the IP is correct. The Gigaset is on DHCP, and I'm talking to it's web interface from a PC on the same LAN, also, it can see Siemens mothership, so it has a good IP, and a good gateway, and DNS. The Network protocol lets you choose TCP or UDP. I may dick with it.

You can upload an autoconfig profile, but, I'm not sure what that'd do to any of the other settings of the system.

I had a strange problem whilst setting up a SL450A GO - the web page would not take the password correctly (so registration failed) unless this was the last item entered on the page before pressing 'SET'. Might be worth trying...?

Odd but, no reason not to give it a go! :) Cheers.

Aha! Sussed it!

In the "advanceds settings" alongside the boxes for server IP address, Port number, etc., there's a box marked "Domain". I left this blank.

So I tried fillign in a random host name in that box.

I promptly got a log entry on the 3CX system that Extension 202 "randomname:5060" had attempted to register.

So I changed the random host name to the IP address of the Gigaset itself and - bingo! Registration successful!

Now I just need to make some test calls.

To complete this thread here in one location is the Gigaset config entries I made that appear to work.

Connection name : IP1 (provided by GIgaset - I may change it)
Provider: Other provider (don't use the Config Assistant - won't help!)

Authentication name: 202 (extension number for 3CX)
Authentication password: **** (copied from 3CX for Extn 202)
Username: 202
Display name: 202

Domain: IP-of-gigaset
Proxy server: IP-of-3cx
Proxy port: 5060
Reg server: IP-of-3cx
Reg port: 5060
Reg refresh time: 180

Stun enabled: no
Stun port: 3478
Stun refresh: 240
NAT refresh: 20

Outbound proxy mode: Auto
Outbound server addy: IP-of-3cx
Outbound proxy port: 5060
Net protocol: Auto

Hmm. I spoke too soon. The Gigaset *is* registered - and I can put calls to it - but the PBX keeps throwing out a log entry

Got REGISTER for foreign registrar: registrar host <sip:mad:192.168.100.45:5060> is not mine!

Where 192.168.100.45 is the entry I put in the "domain" field. So I'm baffled as to what to put in there. If I leave it blank, it doesn't appear to even TRY to register. If I put a name, it objects. If I put the IP address, it objects...

Tonight I can have a look through the Gigaset A610 settings (I use 4 base stations), to see how I have it datafilled. See if your setting look similar to these...

https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/gigaset/a510

Did you put in the IP of the 3CX server? (not the Gigaset base station) the Domain is where you are attempting to register, not "your" IP.

Update...I have confirmed that the server (3CX) IP is datafilled in 3 places, including the Domain Name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.