Gigaset c610IP Not Registering [SOLVED]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BaggyG, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaggyG

I've set up a 3CX server in my home (thought it would be cool) 8)

I have it all working with the Android and Windows clients - internally and externally.

My VoIP Provider supplied me with a Gigaset c610IP which does not want to register with 3CX..

I have set up the extension using the Gigaset N510IP Pro (because it's the only Gigaset listed) but I'm not sure that I have it set up correctly.

I've also tried the auto provision using http://<myIP>:5000/provisioning/<xxxxxxxxxx> but I get a transmissions error 507 on the device when I try to download the profile.

Can someone share their settings for both 3CX and the Gigaset C610IP?

Much appreciated.
    Micah

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Re: Gigaset c610IP Not Registering

If the set does not already have a 3CX template, then trying to use a similar one by labeling the set as something other than what it is.....will likely not work. The sets looks for configuration files that are pertinent to their make and model.

You will need to manually provision the device which is not a hard chore and done for many phones that do not as of yet have a provisioning template or perhaps not all the features that one may wish to use in what is available.

There is a guide for the N510, which you could use to some degree...just manually enter in the SIP server (3CX) IP, the extension, the authid and passwords from the created extensions. You may also need to enter in the vmail extension, codecs and other items, but it should not take long.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've set up four, that I use at home. Each was manually provisioned. The only thing that stuck me for a while was that the server IP had to go into more fields that one would expect that it would actually be needed. Other than that, the settings were pretty standard, for the registration part.

I do find that the message waiting indicator does not always go out once messages have been retrieved from the 3CX mailbox, and went back to an older firmware load, which seems help.

If you continue to have problems, I can dig up my settings.

4. Vaucluse

Hi, here are some sample settings:

Personal Provider Data

Authentication name: 100
    Authentication password: ********
    Username: 100
    Display name: 100

Advanced settings

General Data of your Service Provider

Domain: 192.168.0.10
    Proxy server address: 192.168.0.10
    Proxy server port: 5060
    Registration server: 192.168.0.10
    Registration server port: 5060
    Registration refresh time: 180

STUN enabled: No

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That looks pretty much like what I have, I will verify this evening. I just remember that the server address had to go in three places or it wouldn't work.

6. BaggyG

Thanks for the replies...

I deleted the extension and started fresh. I followed the directions (left the Phone Provisioning tab blank).

The phone is still not registering. I checked the activity logs and I don't see anything in there from the phones IP address or any indication that particular extension is being queried.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you set a static IP in the Network settings, with the Gateway and DNS server as the same IP (that of your router)?

Under the Personal Provider Data

All of the settings above the Registration refresh time look to be OK. All three IP addresses used are that of the 3CX server, of course. For the Registration Refresh Time, I use 1700 seconds as it's just under the 30 seconds that 3CX wants.

Stun, NO, as it's not needed

Outbound Proxy Mode, I have set as automatic.
    Outbound server address is blank
    Outbound Proxy port is 5060
    Select Network Protocol is Automatic

It's odd that there is no sign, in the 3CX logs of a registration attempt, which tells me that either an IP, or a port is incorrect, if the basic network settings are.

8. BaggyG

Very strange...

The phone is on the same subnet as the server (192.168.1.x). I can access the 3CX management console from a PC on that subnet (http://192.168.1.1:5000/management/). I can also reach the phone config page (http://192.168.1.200) from the same PC so network connectivity doesn't seem to be the issue.

I've checked and rechecked the ports (Sip: 5060 and RTP: 7000-7499) and they are the same on both 3CX and the C610IP.

STUN is not enabled on the C610IP.

I know 3CX works because I have used softphone clients (internally and externally).

I'll try tinkering tonight (maybe factory reset the C610IP) and see what happens.

Let me know if there is anything else I can look at.

Thanks for the help.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I will have a look over the other settings this evening.

10. Vaucluse

In case your modem has an integrated phone server you probably need to use an other port e.g. 5062 instead of port 5060 on the 3CX.

11. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Ah, that last post reminded me.....as you can register more than one extension/number with the C610 base unit, each extension must use a different local port number.

If the phone was supplied by your VoIP provider, did it come with one line already set-up to work directly with them? If so, then that one line may already be using port 5060, in which case you will have to use another local port. Each line you register on the one device must use a unique local port number. However, that still doesn't explain why you are not seeing any sign of a registration attempt in the 3CX logs

Have you managed to register any other SIP devices, such as the 3CX phone for windows, or the Android App? If not, then you might want to try that, there may be something else, on the server, that is blocking the registration. You should also run the 3CX Firewall Checker to see if it detects any blocked ports.

12. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Please check if the IP-address of the C610IP is not blacklisted in 3CX.

@leejor
    In the advanced VoIP settings tab of the C610IP base you can select “Use random ports for SIP” – Yes or No. This is for the base itself, not for the handset(s).
    All to 3CX registered handsets will register with the same port number, as this is the same with the Gigaset N510IP Pro, N300A IP and so on.
    I have setup several N510’s and N300’s and this work well, no issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The handsets themselves don't use port numbers as they communicate using DECT. VoIP stops at the base unit. The handset settings allow you to select one outgoing default account, or, allows you can choose to select an account, to use per call, or, by the internal dialplan, and then choose any (and, or all) incoming accounts you wish to ring the handset.

I will check the other settings on my base units this evening, but please confirm whether or not you have any other extensions working on the PBX.

Local ports are defined under Listen Ports for VoIP Connections. You can choose to use random ports, or not. I choose not to and have the first port set as 5060. I assume each of the six possible number assignment will increment from the first port. RTP ports are set at 5004 to 5020, I don't recall ever changing that so it may be the default.

14. BaggyG

@leejor,

I have several softphones (3cx Phone for Windows, Android and IOS) working. I can make incoming and outgoing calls.

The Gigaset C610IP is the only hardware VoIP phone I have at the moment.

I understand that the handset is simply a cordless DECT phone and that it's the base where all the VoIP magic happens... So when I talk about the 'phone settings' I'm talking about the bases settings. I am able to make PSTN (fixed line) calls so I know at least that the base and handset are working.

It just seems to be that the base doesn't want to talk to the 3CX server.

15. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well... lets put it this way. As long as a SIP device is sending a registration request to the PBX and the network info, server info and port number are correct, there should be a log, even if the extension and password are incorrect.

If the extension number and/or password is incorrect then eventually 3CX will blacklist the IP (confirm that the IP of the phone is not in the IP blacklist), but before that happens there should be a log telling you that the registration isn't going to happen because...

The phone works with 3CX, I know that because I have set-up four of them.

You may want to make use of Wireshark to see exactly what is sent in the registration request. Something has to be wrong in there.

Are the handsets connecting to a network time server? Have you been able to log in to your account on the Gigaset site and customize features on the handset? If you are unable to do that (it can't identify your handset), then there may be a network issue.

If you reach a dead end, post a screenshot of each of the network and telephony settings pages and I'll look them over.

16. BaggyG

Thanks for all the help.

Turns out it was a network problem.

My network has a single 8 port switch and one WIFI access point connected to that. I was using the hub on the access point (it has 4 ports) to connect the C610IP to the network.

I connected the C610IP to the switch directly and it worked immediately.

So it seems that the access point was doing some kind of filtering or routing that stopped the Gigaset from reaching the server.

The only weird thing I'm noticing now is communicating with an IP address (148.251.243.164) on UDP 3478. It's a static IP resolving to your-server.de... But that's an investigation for another time.

Again... Thanks for the help.

[Edit].. The phone is communicating with that IP address to get the weather information...

17. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is a lot more than just that. It does a lot of "talking" with the Gigaset "mother ship". Gigaset knows exactly what model handsets you are using fon each base unit. In fact you can use a number of less expensive models that are normally used with an analogue base, but you give up features.

Were you using an actual access point, or a wireless router turned into an access point? If it was a router, be sure that you have disabled DHCP and only use the LAN ports, unless it has an option to switch over to an access point.

18. BaggyG

It's a Netgear R6300 running as an AP. All the 'smarter' functions should have been disabled. I was using just the lab port but I guess there still some routing functions going on.

DHCP is being served from a separate firewall appliance (Watchguard XTM25). I have the Gigaset set up for DHCP but I have reserved it's IP using the MAC address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.