• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Gigaset N510 - 2 base with the same extension problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcK

Reaction score
We are using latest version of 3CX ( Pro / 15.5.9438.3 ). Until now, we have used only one Gigaset N510 base for 4 extensions and everything was working properly.
Now, we have installed also the second base, with exact configuration, with the same extensions, with the same handsets SL610H Pro. We did this, because we want to use only one piece of SL610H on two base, for the same extension (because of 2 Floors).
Everything is working now ok, SL610H rings on both bases, but only for cca. 10 seconds. After this 10 seconds, call is forwarded like configured in 3CX in case of not answering. On 3CX we have configuration for call forwarding after 20 seconds.
I have checked everything, and cannot find where the problem is. When I disable extension on one of two bases, then is again everything ok for that extension.
We cannot use universal repeater 2.0 because there is no possibility (distance between this 2 Floors is to big).
Thank you for help

So...handset is registered to one base at a time, and the extension being called does not have a (second?) handset, all the time, connected on both bases at the same time?

What is the reason given in the 3CX Activity log , after the 10 seconds, for sending the call to voicemail?

Here is once more, better overview what we have, and also 3CX Log when call is gone.

1.) Gigaset N510 IP Pro (base located on 3. Floor in Building)
-> 4 extensions provisioned ( 130 / 985 / 975 / 330 )

2.) Gigaset N510 IP Pro (base located on 1. Floor in Building)
-> 4 extensions provisioned ( 130 / 985 / 975 / 330 )

3.) 4 x Gigaset SL610 Pro Handsets
- this handsets are registered on both Bases, using the same extensions on 1. Floor and 3. Floor
- on handsets, we are using registration to base -> "Best Base" (so handset is connecting automatically to base where better is signal -> either only 1. Floor, or only 3.Floor)
- example -> user with extension 985 has only 1 handset, registered to both Base, and he can use it on 1. Floor and 3. Floor

*** Example of problem with extension 985 ( ext. 130 is calling ext. 985) ***
- when extension is registered in the same time on both Base (like we want it), extension 985 is ringing only for cca. 10 sec (it needs to ring 25 sec), and after that call is forwared to destination configured in 3CX
- if we disable extension 985 on one of 2 Base, everything works in normal way

I have checked all settings on 3CX, also on N510 IP Pro Base, but I cannot find why call is gone after this 10 seconds. In attachment you can find 2 Log files from 3CX:
-> 1_Base.txt (registration only on 1 Base) -> everything works fine
-> 2_Base.txt (registration on both Base) -> problem with ringing for only 10 sec

What I see from log, is that one Base is ending call - but I am not sure.

Thank you for support

Attachments

• 2_Base.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 1_Base.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 2
The difference is that in the 2_Base log, after 10 seconds there is a message

03/15/2018 8:24:40 AM - Session 93957 has failed in leg L:193.2[Extn:985] ; Cause: 480 Temporarily not available/INVITE from 10.80.101.190:5060

I'm going to assume that 10.80.101.190 is one of the Gigaset base units? If that is the case, it is telling 3CX to...

forwards call from Extn:985 to Out#:>>Rule{Regel Innosoft}>>004366488388141 based on rule Fwd[Available/NoAnsw]

It's doing this because it does not see the set as available.

What the reason for this is, I'm not certain. A feature is enabled on the Gigaset? That particular base is not seeing a handset "attached", and, the other base does not have ext 985 currently registered.?

If you call one of the other extensions, using the bases, does the same thing happen, or only with that particular extension?

Are the calls from ext 130 made from a handset on the Gigaset base? If so, then I'm wondering why i don't see any ports other than 5060, in the logs, Each extension, datafilled to a base (sharing an IP) should have a unique local port assigned. Is this the case?

Last edited:
- when extension is registered in the same time on both Base (like we want it), extension 985 is ringing only for cca. 10 sec

The handset can not be attached to both bases at the same time, but the extension can be registered to both , at the same time. Are the other 3 extension set up the same way as 985?

Last edited:
What happens if you switch one base unit at a time and do test calls.

I have found where the problem is -> it is in Gigaset N510 IP Pro. Each base needs to have at least one handset registered/connected which is configured for incoming calls for all extensions. Then this problem is gone. You have right with this:

03/15/2018 8:24:40 AM - Session 93957 has failed in leg L:193.2[Extn:985] ; Cause: 480 Temporarily not available/INVITE from 10.80.101.190:5060

This is one of Base which did not have registered and connected handset, with configuration to take incoming calls for ext.985

It is a little stupid that base is doing this after 10 seconds, not immediately. I have searched all options in Gigaset Base, but there is nothing what i can set. Maybe with new firmware, or customized firmware...

Thank you

It is a little stupid that base is doing this after 10 seconds, not immediately.

It may be that 10 seconds is the time that a handset must report to the base. I assume that when off it's base, a handset is not constantly transmitting, as that would use too much power. It would make sense that, in the same way as a SIP re-registration, the handset "checks-in" with the base on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.