• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gigaset N510 and Gigaset S510H PRO DECT Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

millennium2

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a US partner with 3cx and noticed the Gigaset N510 recently made the compatibility list for 3CX. Question is, will the N510 and Gigaset S510H PRO DECT handset work in the U.S. market with U.S. DIDS and 3CX 12 Cloud?

We cannot seem to find any U.S. distributors of the Gigaset N510, except thru sellers on eBay and Amazon. Will this work no problem if we order the base station and handsets from the U.K.?

Please let me know anything, thank you!

DECT handsets made for foreign markets can/will cause interference with other services (in many cases, mobile phones), if the frequency is different. So, while it would technically work, you would probably have a knock on your door asking you to disconnect it, if you tried using a European DECT phone in North America and vice versa.

The frequencies must be licensed for use where they are to be installed.

To support Leejor's observation -

The EU DECT band is 1880-1900Mhz which is the same frequency allocation in North America for GSM cellphone use by AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. While the radiated power is pretty minimal, it still is not licensed for use in NA (FCC type certified) nor does it have any of the usual safety certifications/listings (UL,CFM, etc.) usually found on this type of product.

While you might get it to work, their manuals are all geared to the EU and you might at some point be faced with the dilemma of what to do when support or service is needed or they release a US/NA based product which will have the proper registrations.

Yealink has a similar offering and I know that there is another manufacturer whose name escapes me at the moment, but a forum search will reveal it as well as possibly others.

Thanks for the heads up guys...glad I dodged a bullet. I will stick with Yealink W52p's I think, though they only support up to 5 handsets per base station. The Gigaset's support 6 handset per base station, which is a requirement, but then again...such is life.

Thanks again.

millennium2 said:
I will stick with Yealink W52p's I think, though they only support up to 5 handsets per base station. The Gigaset's support 6 handset per base station, which is a requirement, but then again...such is life.

From documentation I've come across, but can't confirm personally, the Gigaset supports only four simultaneous calls per base.

I can confirm what leejor says:
The Gigaset N510 IP PRO has 6 VoIP-accounts, support up to 6 Handsets and 4 simultaneous calls.

Maybe the Panasonic TGP500 is an alternative?
Expandable up to 6 DECT 6.0 Cordless Handsets, supports up to 8 VoIP accounts and 3 simultaneous calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.