Give the Windows Client the GUI of the Webclient

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by info@matic-tec.de, Jan 17, 2018.

Give the Windows Client the GUI of the Webclient 5 5 17votes
5/5, 17 votes

1. info@matic-tec.de

The Webclient is great, it looks modern, is responsive, it is more touch friendly, but the user need the features of the windows client like focus to top on incoming call, change status on inactivity, the hotkey function, the integrations, the blf settings, the softphone mode.

The most of our customer hate the small fixed window size, but the webclient is mostly not an alternative. So bring the best from both together.

johnathan lascari likes this.
  2. narkumas

narkumas New Member

I agree.
    The biggest problem of the webclient is that it still is a browser window. You cannot distinguish 3CX from Your websites. It takes too long to find the webclient when needed...

3. stever

I am voting for this but I have to assume that 3CX already has this planned for the future.

4. jeroendebruijn

+1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. simply7

When using Chrome and the webclient you can add the page to the desktop and it will behave as an app and will look different from the rest of your web browser windows, it will also have a separate icon. When you have web client loaded and signed in, click the 3 dots in the top right, go to More Tools, then click Add to Desktop. Close your existing web client window. Then go to your desktop and you will see a 3CX Icon, double click and Web Client will open in a separate window without menu bars and will look more like a client than web browser window. Also as a side note, make sure you use HTTPS, chrome is implementing features that will not allow notifications if the site is HTTP.

6. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Wow Simply! I did not know that Add to Desktop thing. It works great and is excactly what I wanted!
    You are my hero!

simply7 likes this.
  7. info@matic-tec.de

Really nice. Do know this feature until now. Thanks. But the problem is still that some features does not work like some crm integrations. And i even can not use it as softphone. But for some customers this would be a nice option.

8. johnathan lascari

Any idea about modernizing the windows client?