Global / Default BLF's

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by r.towle, Jan 14, 2016.

Global / Default BLF's 5 5 16votes
5/5, 16 votes

1. r.towle

Would it be possible to create a 'master' or 'default' BLF config for phones?
    This may mean that 3CX would have to be able to apply a 'default' <model of phone> template to certain phones or groups of phones.

For example, If we had 32 Yealink T48G's and 96 T29G's, the ability for 3CX to work out what these phones are and to assign them to a 'group' of 'similar handsets' and then apply one 'default' config to BLF keys etc

This would make provisioning a lot of phones quicker.

There would also need to be an option to modify this config on a phone by phone basis if a user needs to change a BLF key.

nasaw likes this.
  2. solutionsit

This could easily be done as they have the if statements in the templates already. They just need a interface we can access what happens if the buttons are not set. I have manually edited a few templates to do this.

3. AlexHeylin

Not having this limits the scalability of 3CX, particularly where all phones and BLFs are broadly similar.

One partial work around is to create a huge batch of extns in one go then select them all and modify BLFs in one go.

4. r.towle

Here's another thought on this, for those of you who might be familiar with Group Policy

If we had a similar setup in 3CX where you could move phones in and out of "Configuration groups", for example, if you had 50 agents in a call centre who all need to have their phones re=provisioned as they are changing campaigns (or SIP Server for example) having the option to create master template for phones would make this very easy - you'd just need to move the phone in to the template group and then wait for the phones to re-provision either automatically, or manually.

We've had to re-provision about 100 phones recently as they changed the SIP server and it was quite a task!

KJM_Complea likes this.
  5. nasaw

I'd like this feature also.

I want to be able to push a default set of BLFs to all phones and clients without having to configure each extension manually. Having multiple saved sets would be great also with the ability to assign them by group.

I have Fanvil c600s and I had to manually configure a custom template with all of the BLFs. Since the template had if/else statements for the BLFs, I just but my defaults in the "else" section with the "if" section untouched so that users can set their own if needed.

Of course this is not ideal when it comes time to edit the defaults, as I would have to manually re-provision each phone with the custom template.