Global Holiday Greeting Action

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Erik Dupuis, Dec 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Dupuis

Hello All,

We are implementing a Global Holiday entry for the first time in Version 15 Enterprise Edition. I have enabled "Play holiday prompt when it's a global holiday" on the inbound rule for the DID. Under "Configure Holidays" I have created the Holiday entry, recorded my voice prompt, set the applicable time and date range, and tested. I confirmed that the Holiday Greeting does play as specified at the correct time. However, the default action at the end of the voice prompt is to end the call.

Is there any way to change this action to be something else? Forward to the VM for that extension? Send to a Digital Receptions, etc...?

Thanks,
    Erik

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,
    when you set a public holiday the call is routed through the HOL digital receptionist. So you can set where you want the calls routed through there.
    Please note that if you have defined a prompt in Settings/Holidays then the HOL prompt will not play. The prompt from the HOL ivr will only play when no prompt is assigned in Settings / Holidays

3. dsidata

"Please note that if you have defined a prompt in Settings/Holidays then the HOL prompt will not play. The prompt from the HOL ivr will only play when no prompt is assigned in Settings / Holidays"

I believe this is a change from previous versions of 3CX. It used to be that you can have a Holiday prompt play and then play your regular prompt in the HOL IVR. Now it's either or. It took me hours to figure out why our Holiday scheme wasn't working like they were before v15. I don't think was documented or communicated properly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.