Global Holiday process changed?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fbusher, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fbusher

Has the process for Holiday prompt changed in an update?

Previously we found that the Global Holiday prompt was used to add a custom holiday message in front of your holiday IVR. WE had no need of the extra prompt so to get around this we created a 1 second blank prompt so that the user would be redirected almost instantly to the Holiday IVR. Come this holiday a user found that when called a user would just get silence and then be redirected to the group set to ring if no action taken.

After some experimentation it seems the IVR was working, if I chose an option it would redirect me, it was just the message not playing. After more experimentation I found that if I set the Holiday prompt to be the same prompt as used on the Holiday IVR then everything worked.

So my questions are
    -Is this the expected behaviour or was the previous behaviour expected?
    -If this was an announced change then where should I have picked up on this?
    -Can the Global Holiday prompt label be changed to IVR as currently looking at it the wording does not make it clear that a user will be passed straight to the Holiday IVR rather than just hear the message. Or the prompt in the Holiday IVR be removed as I have no idea what would happen if you set a different prompt in the Global Holiday then in the IVR.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @fbusher

In V15 when you set up a holiday and define a prompt under settings/timezone & office hours settings then that prompt will play and not the prompt set in the HOL IVR. The IVR prompt will come into effect when no prompt is defined under Holidays.
    Did your holiday period span from 2016 to 2017 ?

3. fbusher

No, we divided the holiday into 2, one either side of the new year. Funnily enough I'm sure 3CX actually prompted us to do it that way. It must have changed with a Service Pack as we started on V15 last year, and it worked as described. I'll test tomorrow removing the prompt from the Holiday and see what happens. Originally this caused an issue as that is why we created the blank prompt.

May be worth having some explanation over which prompt gets used when to save on confusion.

Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.