Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Global Queue Login/Logout

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Levi Koenig, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Levi Koenig

Hey there! I am a little frustrated with queues right now. We have a lot of queues and have assigned the required agents into each queue.

Is there a way to do any one of the following:

1) Disallow ability for agents to log out of individual Queues. Agents don't have access to their ability to sign out of individual queues.

2) Just an all or nothing on/off Queue button that logs in/out of ALL queues (ignoring 'explicit' rules). Its very misleading when an agent can see the signed in blue 'Q' button but if they have explicitly logged out in the past of individual queues they won't realize that -unless they remember to scroll through all the queues to check.

3) Any other method or fix that can prevent me from having to scroll through all of our queues each day multiple times to make sure everyone is explicitly logged in (in case someone forgets to sign back in to a queue, mistakingly signs out of a queue, or has intentionally signed out of a queue to get out of taking calls).

Its kind of frustrating for me as the designer of our call flow. I put agents into queues because I want them to answer calls in those queues. With more users it gets harder and harder to ensure that everyone is 'explicitly' logged in to all of their individual queues. I get why some companies would want this behaviour for their employees but this complexity should be an option not the default.

If this availability system is hard for me to understand (a lot of time spent scanning these forums) many of our agents are going to have a really hard time understanding it too. Which makes the complexity useless if people don't understand how it all works together.

I just think there are too many moving parts for the average user:
    - User Status (which can or cannot be tied to Global Queue status)
    - Global Queue Status
    - Individual Explicit Queue Status

it would be nice if there was the option for just using 1 of these; User status:
    Available = Available Everywhere
    Unavailable = Unavailable everywhere.

Let the admin define where 'everywhere' is for each user, not the user. That would be way easier to explain to users and to manage.

Thanks for your time!

-Levi

brugger and hlidar85 like this.
  2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Hi Levi,

I totally understand your frustration. There isn't a way to make this an all or nothing proposition today. You can't block users from logging out of individual queues. Until 3CX adds this feature, your only options are to check each user / queue, or build a custom tool that automates the logging in of users via the Call Control API.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    brugger and Levi Koenig like this.
  3. hlidar85

I also have this issue.
    i can feel your pain

brugger likes this.
  4. Levi Koenig

Thanks for breaking the bad news Matthew ;) Sad to hear that. This is my biggest pain point with 3CX.

Does anyone know if there is future plans to achieve a simpler status/login functionality? Or to shift over the power/complexity to the admin instead of the user?

My team is having a hard time understanding that "even tho the Q is blue and says you are logged in...you still might not be".

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I have not heard of any plans by 3CX to address this issue. And I can't really think of a great custom solution for this either. Maybe we could capture an event via the API when someone logs out of an individual queue, and automatically log them back in. Or maybe we could take the brute force approach and check every minute and log people back into all the queues. We can't stop people from logging out of individual queues, but we can automatically force them right back in. Eventually they will give up, or come to you and complain, and then you can explain AGAIN why they shouldn't log out of individual queues. I'm tempted to suggest this is a training issue, not a technical one, but I suppose people could be doing this on purpose. We can help if needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.