• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gmail for smtp server???

Status
Not open for further replies.

abelaguilar

Reaction score
Hello all: Wondering if I can setup my smtp setting to us my gmail account and gmail's smtp servers to send my voice mail via email using my gmail account.

Thanks

If gmail does not work, is there a free smtp server I can use to forward voice email to my email address??

Yes you can use it for gmail. You must use the same settings that you would use for your email client to send and receive via gmail.

Remember (If you not alredy done that) to config your gmail to allow external connections.
This is done in gmail settings.

Hmmmm... I sit corrected :wink:

Why bother?

You're safer using your ISP's smtp server. A lot of ISP's will block smtp traffic as a spam prevention.

You can still send the VM to your gmail account, you don't have to use their smtp server.

ok if I can use Gmail to send VM without using their smtp servers, What entry do I place in 3cx voice mail settings?

You would use the smtp server provided by your isp. the same one they recomend in the outbound settings of your email client.

You would then put your gmail address in your extension configuration.

3cx will send the VM as an email to your gmail account just as any email client would send out an email.

Thanks for all your help. I decided to use the smtp server of my ISP. Works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.