GMAIL SMTP and Log viewer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michaelbird75, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelbird75

I have been reading a bit about Gmail SMTP configuration and I still cannot get this working.

is this supported or not?

If someone could clear this up or suggest another free SMTP service that would be very helpful. I do not have a local ISP that I can rely on for this...

I also have been trying to download the log viewer but I get an error every time i try to get the link from the 3CX Phone System Updates tab. Its as if the link is no good. Are there direct links to this?

Any help is appreciated.

I have release 12 with a pro license.

Mike

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

check to see if the log viewer exists already at
    "C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\Support\3CXBinLogViewer\3cxBinLogViewer.exe"

I have tried to get Gmail SMTP working with my home UCM and never had any luck - or had long delays in delivery. I ended up using my ISP's info (Cox).

You might also look at H-mail. It was recommended to me - but I never evaluated it. We have an internal SMTP Server that relays to our Office 365 account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. michaelbird75

Thanks, I got the Gmail working and no problems so far.

Still no luck on the log viewer, its not in the directory and is still not available in the downloads link.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Gmail will block using SMTP server by 3CX phone system after a while, as they consider this usage as violation of Terms of use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.