Google Chrome plugin click to dial - insert a digit before number?

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Tony Ayre, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Ayre

As with most internal phone systems, we have a "dial out" code that users must dial before using an external number. However, with the 3cx Google Chrome extension, there doesn't appear to be a way to add this digit to the number?

Is there a way, and I'm being blind?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Andreas Paradisiotis

3. Tony Ayre

That isn't what I'm asking for I don't think. We already have outbound rules in place - calls with 9 pre-pended get routed to our external lines.

The problem is that if I use the click to dial functionality of the Chrome extension, it dials the number on the page directly, without that 9 pre-pended.

As an example. If I click a number like 01234 123123 the number will be dialed exactly as that, which will result in a failure as that number does not exist on our phone system. What we want is for that number to be dialed as 901234 123123.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mike Cartwright

Interesting. Never had an issue with with making outbound calls using external numbers. The Outbound rules we've set already does it for us.

5. DL_

DL_

Can't you add another outbound rule that checks the length of the number being dialled. If it is longer than, for example, 6 then prepend the digit 9 to it?

6. Mike Cartwright

@TONY. Have you tried this yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.