Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Google Cloud Instance Terminated

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by contoured, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. contoured

Hello - I have an instance of 15.5 running in Google Cloud (instance was generated by 3cx) that just terminated and immediately restarted itself. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I checked the 3cx event logs and there's nothing there up until the point where services started coming back online after the crash. I've also checked the Google Cloud instance and what is there is pretty vague. Under the "Operations" tab I can see the instance was terminated and the following information is listed, but that's about all of the insight I have at the moment. Does anyone that uses Google cloud have any suggestions on where else I could look for the issue?

Operation type
    compute.instances.hostError
    Target type
    Instances
    Target
    Target ID
    Progress
    100%
    Status message
    Instance terminated by Compute Engine.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @contoured

This looks like a Google cloud issue than a 3CX issue. A quick google search with this error has revealed others having this issue with different hosted applications.

3. tss956

What are the specs of the Google Cloud instance you have it running on? I had my instance terminated for insufficient RAM and moved to the next highest tier of computing and memory. I had to dive pretty deep into the logs to find the error.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the specs will not cause a reboot, you can see in the operations logs in GCP what triggered the reboot or more information when you see the log output from serial. what do you find there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.