Google Contacts Server Side Integration

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by panos.ch, Apr 3, 2018.

1. panos.ch

It would be great if we could Synchonize Google Contacts with 3CX in a Server Side Integration. Simple in cases where you dont want to invlove a CRM system.

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

If I understand correctly, you just want to add the Google contacts to your 3CX contacts? That should be easy enough using a service that periodically checks for changes and updates 3CX using the Call Control API. We can help if needed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. panos.ch

Correct but to the Server Contacts to be available globally not to the Clients. Could you provide more information?

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Google has an API that you can use to authenticate and collect a list of contacts. We can then look in 3CX and compare the data. If a new contact was added in Google, or an existing contact is modified, we can propagate those changes to 3CX. If a contact is deleted from Google, that gets a little more tricky since you could be adding contacts manually. If that is the case you could have valid contacts in 3CX that are not contained in Google. I suppose we could keep a list of Google contacts locally, and if when I ask for a synchronization I could see if any Google contacts are missing from the previous download, and if there are, we could delete them from 3CX as well. We manipulate the contacts in 3CX using the 3CX Call Control API.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. panos.ch

Hi Matthew, thanks for the detailed infromation. Since we use Google Contacts there are also cases were we may modify contacts by adding, modyfing or removing infromation on the go using our mobile devices. Moreover, we have a CRM which is integrated with Google Contacts and any changes between the systems are synchronized. What you explained I believe will work but are you aware of any tool that can do that?

6. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

I guess I'm showing some ignorance here... I don't know.