Solved Google Drive Backup location cant browse

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OCWI, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OCWI

OCWI New Member

We are a reseller of 3cx and have about 20 or PBX's backing up to google drive, GREAT feature!

We have a google drive account specifically for pbx backups, and it works great on the 20 or so setup with it.

However, on NEW pbx's made it allows us to authenticate it but when the screen comes up to select the folder it only shows a gray box.

If i just hit ok, it WILL backup to the root of my google drive. For somereason, i smiply cannot get the folders to show. We have tried from different PC's, different browser, ect.

Not sure what else to do or try, its a great feature!

Here is a screenshot of what we see after authorizing it:

[​IMG]

2. OCWI

OCWI New Member

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @OCWI

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser or open the management console from an incognito window?
    Also try using a different google drive account and see if that works. That should help you narrow down cause if the issue

4. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Yes and yes! Same result.

Not sure if it makes a difference but i have a google apps for business account

5. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You may have one of the two cases

a) If your App Drive is very big, the dir listing will take very long (mine does to)

b) Note that folders created before your auth 3CX to read your drive are not shown!
    Auth 3CX, create a new folder, now browse from 3CX the folders again, the new one should be shown!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OCWI likes this.
  6. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Thanks for the reply, Stefan.

A) Drive is not big at all, it ONLY has the backup for the other pbx's on them. I did try giving it an hour or so this morning, just to make sure i wasnt rushing it. Same result.

B) Good idea, but just tried, no luck : (

Any other ideas?

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

have a look into the system service log, do you find any indication of an issue in it? Please do not post the log as it contains some private information. Ensure logging level is set to verbose, restart system service and then try again to open the gdrive from MMC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OCWI likes this.
  8. OCWI

OCWI New Member

Stefan,

This ended up working: b) Note that folders created before your auth 3CX to read your drive are not shown!
    Auth 3CX, create a new folder, now browse from 3CX the folders again, the new one should be shown!

When i tested your idea i made a new folder within a existing folder, and faced the same issue. We started making new folders in the root of drive and now its working!

Thanks for your help/time. Please mark this as solved so others can benefit!

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.