Google Firebase Push for 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Micahel, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micahel

To whom ever can help me,

i am just testing the Google Firebase push for 3CX at the moment and i have a quick question.

Am i able to use the 1 server key across several different V15.5 tenancies or is it 1 key per tenancy?
    I am able to add another server key but i can't specify a namr for the key and can't restrict it to a specific IP address.

On the existing GCM platform that i am currently using, i have created a key per 3cx tenant and restricted the keys to a specific IP address. (we have a V14 multi-tenancy and we organise the push keys for our customers)

If anyone can clarify this for me that would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Michael.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Micahel

Please note that we advise to use a separate project for each installation. You can add multiple projects under the same account with different names. You just click on your current project name on the top right of the screen and select new project.
    There is no option to restrict the project to the tenants IP in the new firebase push.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/firebase-android-client/

3. Micahel

Thanks for the reply YiannisH,

Is there a limit to the amount of projects i can have?
    I can see in one of the screenshots that there is a project limit. I have roughly 40 customers at the moment which means i would need 40+ projects.

Is this a viable option or is there another way around this?

Also does Firebase Push work on 3CX Version 14?

Kind Regards
    Michael

#3 Micahel, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

My account allowed me to create 8 projects before reaching the limit but that depends on the account and what other projects you have under the same account. I do not believe however you can create 40 different accounts. An option would be to use different email accounts or use the 3CX provided account.

"3CX pre-configures Firebase for you using its own Google account. You only need to follow the below procedure if you wish to channel push messaging via your own Google account."

Please note that Firebase Push does not work with V14 as stated in the guide

5. Micahel

Thanks for the reply YiannisH,

When i install 3CX V15.5 there isn't anything in the "Server Key" and "Sender ID" fields on the 3cx management console.
    How do i use 3CX's google Firebase account?

Kind Regards
    Michael

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The 3CX account is pre-configured is the systems database when you install the system. You do not need to configure anything to use it.

7. Micahel

Thanks YiannisH,

I just realised that the reason why i can't see the pre configured settings is because i have been only restoring to 3CXV15.
    If i wanted to set up our existing customers on 3CX's firebase account how would i be able to do that since it hasn't populated the credentials?

Kind Regards
    Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.