• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

google to obi202 to 3cx and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vannyx

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
i am a windows administrator but a 3cx and a voip noob.

i wanted to get into it to understand more and i set myself up with a simple task.

have someone call in from google voice and have it ring to an IVR and make calls from the 3cx through google voice.

i thought i did my research and found people talking about using the obitalk 110 to make it happen.

i saw tha the obi 202 was just released and that the obi 110 allowed 2 voip connections while the obi 202 allowed 4.

I figured the obi 202 was better than the 110 and didnt realize their was a PSTN component that the 202 didnt have until i started running into problems in the setup.

i setup 3cx version 10 with no problems. setup extensions and even setup cisco sip phones.

i setup the obi 202 with google voice and registered it as an extension on the 3cx no problem.

i can call the obi extension from the 3cx, i can call to a analog phone on the obi from google voice.

But i could not call out using the obi202 from 3cx.

i was able to call into the 3cx from the obi but then the way i got that to work meant that any call from the 3cx to the obi went to the ivr even the outgoing calls that plain didnt work before.

I contacted obi support and this is what they said.

Requirement:
1. your SP2 needs to have status of "Registered", so that OBi can make calls
and be called.
2. Use a different username than 110, because the above X_InboundCallRoute
defines what OBi does if there is an incoming call from 110

On your 3cx, disable register.
You suppose to still be able to dial out if you don't register.

so i quickly realized a few things.

if i use a username like 456 the 3cx will register the obi.
if i use a username like tom456 the 3cx will not register the obi as an extension.

I also didnt know how to setup the obi as a sip provider with the 3cx without registering it.

i would appreciate any direction or any help you gentle people can provide.

Thank you.

I haven't yet picked up one of their devices, but given the fact that they are/have released some additional models...I may have to, just to "play around" with them. If they "catch on", 3CX may have to consider coming out with a configuration guide. As I understand it, they are brought to us courtesy of some former Sipura/Linksys? employees.

The Google voice addition (although I understand that is only for US customers, but there are ways around it), may make it worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.