Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Google Voice and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kylejoe1, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylejoe1

OK, who has the solution to get 3CX and Google Voice to work? We tested with PIAF (PBX in a Flash, Incredible version) to take incoming and make outgoing calls with Google Voice and it worked fine.

http://nerdvittles.com/?p=635

Anyone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We never tested this. We never had the need for this. Because of the Google chat client.

How do you configure it in piax?

Isn't this like a normal bridge trunk or VoIp Provider. You should be able to treat it the same.

But why would you need this? You cannot call the person directly with google client? We interface with skype.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kylejoe1

Not sure how the folks at PIAF (Incredible PBX) made it work but... in general, Google Voice works as a SIP trunk on their system, don;t aks me how they do it, see previous message link, I know Google will allow it for free the rest of 2011, just hoping someone on forum has figure it out, good for testing purposes and the fact that you can make free calls on it with your PBX is cool.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Proprietary gateway working off GTalk. My understanding is that the days are counted and will be closed before the summer.

5. ChristopherCMP

I am trying to do the same thing. What i am thinking if i could find a free phone number that will work with 3cx than just set that phone number up with google voice. There has to be some sorta of service out there that can provide a free phone number for a server like this. I have not found one yet.

6. kylejoe1

EDITED:

Well...not quite Google Voice but for you testers:

Setup account with http://www.sipgate.com (for inbound calls) and http://www.freecall.com (for outbound calls)....you can configure 3CX to make and receive free calls in USA!

http://www.freecall.com/en/sipp.html

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Google Voice seems to become significant provider, so this is interesting as a topic and will be commercially important.

There are some devices on the market like those from OBIHAI, supporting Google Voice. By the way, these devices resemble the old SIPURA SPA-1001 and SPA-3000 (before becoming Linksys). Rumors are they are developed by one and the same team. See: http://forum.voxilla.com/obihai-technology/cisco-killer-obi110-puts-google-voice-any-phone-56664.html

8. kylejoe1

Here is another option (thank me later):

If you want incoming and outgoing calls for free with 3CX....here's the dirt (411)...

First signup for Google Voice if not already, make sure Google Voice is configured to forward to Google Chat in the Settings. I had to add my mobile number and verify it first, GV requires a physical phone, make a test call with mobile first, just uncheck it (in forward settings screen) once you go thru initial calls with GV.

if all good then time to configure SipBri, http://www.sipbri.com, give sipbri the GV credentials. Once you have that configured, jot down the sip server info/credentials, etc...

Wait about 15min then first test with 3CX Phone then configure your 3CX (trust me on this). Must dial 1 first when using the sipbri service, for those in USA, ex.. 1-513-666-6666 in your dial rules.

Call your Google Voice number and test or call someone.

Allows us to fully test without a true VOIP Provider, Spring 2012 we plan to go with 3CX.

Have fun!

---

UPDATE: This may change but use sip2.remacservices.net to get full outbound/inbound as the sip.remacservices.net does not allow folks to dial inward to your Google Voice number.

9. wzaatar

Hats off, KyleJoe1!

Just made the config and it works FLAWLESSLY on outgoing calls. Working out the DID but it's perfect.

Cheers,

W.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I am not in the US and this service is only in the US.

But Can this service be integrated with 3CX Phone System in any way? Because from what I see you just forward calls to a mobile phone and then it is transferred through the telco to the destination.

What I mean to say is when you subscribe to google voice, do you get some server / domain / ip with some authentication id and pass?

11. kylejoe1

OFFTOPIC, looks as if you have a board hacker on this thread.

Back to topic, the mobile phone is just required by GV, does not play a part in the calls from 3CX. SipBri works with GV and acts as a VOIP provider with GV. Not sure how it works but it does. You register with SIPBRI and they must "screen scrape" so to speak...the GV communication. All I know is I can make outbound calls (which show as my GV number) and incoming calls (using SIpGate provided number). SipBri tech could probably answer your questions in full detail, they're pretty responsive.

This is just a temp. solution for us to test 3CX, I don't know if a legit solution in the long haul but who knows, GV will probably start charging in 2012.

12. MyJuliet

Configuration and it just works perfectly outgoing calls. Work, but it is perfect.

13. dv8ed

sipbri is not accepting any new registrations... any other alternatives to bridge google voice?

14. kylejoe1

Look up spbri on facebook, like them then ask them, pretty responsive.

15. Michael Sagash

I know this is an old post, but for anyone who finds it in a Google search as I did, have a look at http://www.simonics.com. It works like a charm with 3CX as a SIP trunk :)

16. kylejoe1

Cool tip! works as suggested! SipBri is now gone.

17. bozway

I would want to use this, but I don't know how to configure it, anybody have any idea how to configure Google Voice using Simonics.com's GV-to-SIP service?

18. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Their site would seem to be self explanatory.

Are you having problems setting up a trunk in 3CX?

I have only used GV via an Obi device, and certainly don't rely on it. It just happens to be an extra number that people can reach me on.

As was mentioned way back in this thread (and has been rumoured for a long time), Google Voice may end, or modify (begin charging) at any time.

19. bozway

Yes, I'm having trouble setting up trunk in 3CX, I got all the information from the website already, but don't know how to configure 3CX with it... But the info they provided looks pretty true though, at least they still saying that works Asterisk, so I assume 3CX could handle it as well..

20. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you read through the manual? http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual12.pdf I'm assuming that you are using version 12, however the previous versions are set up in pretty much the same manner. You will probably use the Generic trunk settings.

You should have at least four pieces of information.

The URL or IP of the providers server
    The far end port number (usually 5060)
    Your user name, or (phone) number
    Your password

Providers will sometimes provide an additional Proxy server that is used for the initial registration.

Go through the the 3CX trunk creation settings and "plug in" the required information.

Have a look at the 3CX logs after you are done to see if registration was successful, or for any error messages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.