• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Google Voice + SipGate + 3CX VoIP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyanoyo

Reaction score
I have setup my 3CX VoIP Phone software to SipGate with no problem.
I need to link my SipGate # to Google Voice #. In order to do that GVoice needs to call the SipGate# and verify that the SipGate phone # is valid. When GVoice called, I need to enter the numbers key code given by Google Voice. The Google Voice is not recognizing the 3CX VoIP Phone dialpad numbers key code when entered. I have tried a few other softphone software and there was no problem for GVoice to recognize the dialpad numbers key code entered. Could this be a bug in the 3CX softphone software?

I had similar problems when I first tried using 3CXPhone to access my CallCentric voicemail IVR.
After a little fiddling around, I resolved my DTMF problem as follows:

I noted that the 3CXPhone defaults all DTMF metods to be enabled by default.
I left "Support RFC2833 DTMF" Enabled.

But, I unchecked and dissabled:
"Support INBAND DTMF" and "Support SIPINFO DTMF"

I'm using PCMU codec (G.711u).
Theoretically, Support INBAND DTMF should work with PCMU codec, but RFC2833 is working fine for me by itself, so that's how I'm using it for now and my DTMF seems to be working fine, so far.
You may need to experiment to find which DTMF method works best for you.

You will find these settings in the Advanced dialog window within the Connection Profile dialog window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.