Got REGISTER for foreign registrar error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Burns, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Burns

I get this error 10 times a minute and I do not know why. I am running 3cx 15.5 on a windows 10 machine with static ip

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Nothing more in the log? Verbose (detailed logs) enabled? Anything not working?

3. Kevin Burns

Every so often internal calls will cut out and sometime when an external number calls in they are met with a verizon message and cant even reach 3cx, but then they will call back and get through.. Sorry I definitely should have included that.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Is Verizon the VoIP provider? Is this a new issue, or has it been this way since...upgrade, day one, firmware/hardware change...
    Internal issues and the trunk issues may be unrelated. Does the provider say they are having any issues sending calls to you?

5. Kevin Burns

Thats the funny part. 888VOIP is our provider. This is a new issue, the voip provider didn't say they were having any problems. I have a remote session scheduled with them for tomorrow, but this literally came out of the blue. The only change that has been made to the system in the past 2 weeks was the upgrade of the firmware for one of our Yealink extensions, but nothing more than that

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Verizon message is interesting if it is happening enough to be related. Are Verizon customers getting this, perhaps not getting routed through to your provider. Is it just a "your call can't be completed at this time" recording or something else? Is it consistent? Unless all trunking into your provider originates with Verizon everyone shouldn't get this.

#6 leejor, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  7. complex1

complex1 Active Member

As far as I know this message occur if the (remote) phone and the PBX differs in the “Local SIP domain”
    e.g. “Local SIP domain” contain an IP address and the phone “Server Host” contain the FQDN of the PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Kevin Burns likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.