• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Gradwell SIP Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnkey

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have guidance or has used Gradwell SIP Trunks?

I'm trying to setup SIP trunks for my 3CX system, I think I've configured it correctly, however if I try calling the number with my mobile, the line just sounds dead, the 3CX log does not show anything, so I would presume that it would be a problem with the providers side?

I've set it up, so that they send the call via: "sip:[number]@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

Hi
I am using PlusNet, who use Gradwell, and have been using it with 3CX for approx 1 year, I would say that the quality of service is not great, and I started to use Sipgate which I found worked great.

Detailed information relating to using any of Gradwells VOIP systems is scarce, however what you are describing sounds like you may not have made a land line call first (called and answered it). They won't let you call mobiles until this is done. Any changes you make in your control panel also take 15 minutes to take effect.

I think the addresses I have had success using is sip.trunk.gradwell.net rather than newsip.gradwell.net. You need a fixed IP with Gradwell, and you need to tell them what this is via your control panel... They don't use authentication like other providers they just base the authentication on the requesting IP address and the CLI that you are sending.

Hi,
it sounds like the number in question is incoming so its not necessary to have made a UK call.
Have you opened the correct ports on your firewall etc so the calls can be correctly routed?
If you are still seeing problems please raise a support ticket (if you havent already) and we can set up a server level trace here.
This will basically show us the output of our SIP cluster to make sure we are correctly routing the SIP calls to your chosen IP, and if your PBX/firewall is rejecting the call/packets.

Dean Green

T: 01225 800 888 | E: [email protected] | W: http://www.gradwell.com

Gradwell Internet for Business People
Phone Services | Business Broadband | Email & Website Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.