Grandsteam Intercom button and 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PCTurnkey, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCTurnkey

Hello,

I have 7 grandstream phones deployed in our company with 3cx. We've been testing these phones and are about the make "the switch" to 3CX. One of the only things I can't seem to figure out is how to get the Intercom buttons on the phones to work. Is it something in 3CX or something in the phone? I've set the auto-answer on, but that isn't the solution I'm looking for.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Alex

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Try dialing "*9" and then the extension number of interest. So, for example, if you want to intercom (page) extension 100, you would dial "*9100". You can also use the MyPhone app to do the same. Simply highlight the extension of interest and then right click for the available options. Intercom should show up if enabled.

3. PCTurnkey

the *9... doesn't seem to work. I tried intercom from the MyPhone, but it just rings the extension as if it were a dialed call.
    Is there something I need to adjust in 3CX?

4. capitol1

If 3CX auto provisioned your Granstream phones, this should work. If you manually provisioned your phones, go into the Grandstream config and verify that option (Allow Auto Answer by Call-Info) is set to Yes. This option is found under the "Accounts" tab.

5. PCTurnkey

Ah, I was wondering about that one. I had set auto-answer on before, but it was auto-answering for everything.

I'll try this.

6. PCTurnkey

I've made the changes in the grandstream phone in advanced settings and profile.
    Still doesn't want to intercom (or page ring group) when using *9, the intercom button, or the MyPhone.

When I start to type *91xx, I get to just the *91 and then a box appears that says "Call Features: Tech Office (name of this extension). Canceled call forward on busy."

What setting do I have mixed up?

7. capitol1

If your Grandstream is dialing out after typing in just 3 digits, it sounds like your "Dial Plan" is screwed up. On the grand Stream, the dial plan should be set to: { [*x]+ }

Note that there is a space after { and a space before } in there.

8. PCTurnkey

Under "Accounts" I found my dial plan:

{ x+ | *x+ | *xx*x+ }

I'll make the change and see what happens.

9. PCTurnkey

I changed the dial plan, updated & rebooted. Still a no-go.

The other settings around dial plan are as follows:

Early Dial=No
    Dial Plan Prefix= (blank)
    Dial Plan = { [*x]+ }
    BLF call-pickup prefix= **

I tried the *9 and the paging group (805), and that seemed to work, but anytime I hit *9+1xx, it keeps doing the same thing.

10. PCTurnkey

Figured it out. Searched in the Grandstream manual. On page 31, it talks about "Call Features." *91 is Cancel Busy Call Forward, *92 is Delayed Call Forward, etc.

Right under the Dial Plan settings in Accounts that you had me change, there is an option to disable Call Features.

I did this and it worked.

Thanks for the help.

11. capitol1

Those are my settings as well. Except for BLF would should be set to: *20*

Glad you got it working. You may want to consider auto provisioning of your grandstream phones: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Grandstream-gxp1450.html

When you auto provision, it will set all of those settings correctly for you, then you don't have to mess with the manual config.

12. PCTurnkey

Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.