• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream 2020 Crash on transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spog

Reaction score
We have several SPA3000 and a couple of PAPT2T, we decided to try a Grandstream 2020 to see how good they are. Everything works great except when we transfer from the 2020. It completey crashes to the point where the only way to recover the phone is to unplug it. I can not find a reason for this.

We have a very ordinary setup. The Linksys equipment is fine.

Thanks very much looking forward to any reply.
Duncan

the reason is the firmware

if you want a stable version use 1.1.4.17

the lastest is possible good to but then 99% of the phones must be defect :)

i have 5 and only one was defect. i swear the defect one do nearly the same with the old firmware then the good phones with the latest.

grandstream are good if you have the price also in mind but it is no HP product like.

Andy

if you need the old fw give me a message

Silent -

I've had some call quality issues over time. I've sent one phone back on RMA, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to again. The call is very choppy, resetting to defaults doesn't help and the phone won't auto-provision, I have to manually program it. Have you seen anything like this before ?

If the older firmware is more stable, I might be interested.

Thanks

thanks so much for your reply ,I have found the firmware. I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Have tried the older firmware for several days now and all seems fine. We have had no crashes or any other problems seems that version 1.1.4.17 is fine

Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.