Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream 2160 cannot transfer calls with speed dial or BLF 15.5 sp3

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by exico91, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exico91

This update did more damage than good and 3cx should allow to download every version of their software to enable rollback.

Anyway:
    I updated the GXP2160 with the 3cx maintenance firmware and stopped to call themselves but now they cannot transfer calls with the BLF or speed dial buttons either from the column on the right of the phones or the onscreen ones. To transfer calls now i have to do it manually with transfer -> write number -> OK instead of just transfer -> press BLF button
    Now if i press transfer and then BLF of the number i want to transfer to i just get a 1 second tone and then the call drops.
    This function works fine on yealink in the same environment.

2. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@exico91
    Hi,
    It's good that you upgraded the phones to the supported FW version. Now please be sure that they are provisioned using the default provisioning template.

Now about the transfer.
    Where did you find the information that you need to press the transfer button first and then the BLF button? It's not the supported transfer scenario. You don't need to press the transfer button at all.
    Just establish the call and then press the BLF (or Speed Dial) button, that's all. See attached video.
    The transfer method (Blind or Attended) that need to be used during the "BLF transfer" scenario can be provisioned from the Phone Provisioning tab of the extension settings.

Attached Files:

phonemaster likes this.
  3. Rogelio Calderon

I'm having issues with the GXP2160. with call transfers. I can't transfer at all. Running v15.5 SP3
    The phone has the latest firmware from grandstream website.

4. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Rogelio Calderon,
    Grandstream phones are supported starting from the FW versions specified in the following manuals:
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gxp16-series/
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gxp17-series/
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gxp21-series/

To have your phones fully functional you need to have these FW versions on your phones and they need to be provisioned using the default provisioning templates.

5. Rogelio Calderon

I do have that firmware installed. Unfortunately 3cx does NOT have templates for the GXP2160.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

GXP2160 templates are included in V15.5 SP3. If you are running this version you should be able to see the templates when adding a phone under extensions. If the model is not visible i would recommend clearing your browsers cache or trying from an incognito tab of a supported browser. 2018-02-15_12h11_30.png

7. Bliecksje

We have the same issue, we not using a custom template.
    After provisioning this issue start. The phones are using the 1.0.9.58.
    Running 15.5 SP3.

8. HRMNY

Just wanted to share my experience. I have the GXP2170 with expansion module GXP2200EXT. While the call is connected if I press any of the BLFs it will blind transfer or attended transfer depending on how it's provisioned. But if I press Transfer then try the BLF nothing happens. FW Version: 1.0.9.58

9. manfer

This is ok but... what if phone users are used to transfer the other way?

What does exactly mean it is not the supported transfer scenario?

If someone wants to start the transfer on a BLF by pressing the transfer key before, they must just disable the option Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK on Settings->Programmable Keys->Virtual Multi-Purpose Keys Settings.

An option that by the way is disabled by default but set to enable in 3CX provided template
    Code:
        <!-- Enable transfer via non-Transfer MPK. 0 - No, 1 - Yes. Default is 0 -->
        <!-- Number: 0,1 -->
        <!-- Mandatory -->
        <P22162>1</P22162>

#9 manfer, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please note that custom templates are not supported by 3CX and if you face an issue you will be asked to revert back to the defaults.
    Having said that, general instructions on how to create a custom template are outlined here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.