• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream 21xx dial plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Kostov

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi. When dialing E164 format numbers from my Grandstream 2160 phone, I get "no dial plan rules matched". This is not big deal since I dialed with a + just for test. And I tested, because my 3CX windows client in CTI mode refuses to dial mobile numbers which are entered in E164 format in extensions. Also those extensions cannot "forward to mobile number" because of this. It seems that dial plan provided by default 3CX template for grandstream GXP phoned does not support +. What should I do? Change mobile numbers of all extensions (which are more than 500)?

Hello @George Kostov

Please note that the clients have an option called "Replace + with" which is used just for CTI as IP phones do not understand the "+" sign. If you enable it the client will replace "+" with "00" so calls will work.

Thanks. That solves problem when using 3CX client in CTI mode. I still have a problem when seting up extension forwarding as "forward to mobile" or "forward to number" if mobile/number starts with "+", but this is some other, not related to this topic problem.

update your outbound rule or the outbound info under caller id of the trunk.
for inbound i have +1(.*) replaced by \1 which removes the +1.
Perhaps can do same on the outbound of the trunk.

Thanks. That solves problem when using 3CX client in CTI mode. I still have a problem when seting up extension forwarding as "forward to mobile" or "forward to number" if mobile/number starts with "+", but this is some other, not related to this topic problem
This could be an outbound rules issue or the trunks outbound parameters issue. You could be sending the originator caller id to the provider for example and the provider might not accept that.
If you are able to call the mobile numbers directly from an extension then i would look into what you are sending the provider on forwarded calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.