• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderReichert

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I am utterly confused about what I should expect to see when it comes to screen saver / dimming at the Grandstream 21xx phone:

I have two 3cx phone systems all with Grandstreams 2130 and 2160 - they literally all configured the same way:
Blacklight timeout 1 minute
Screensaver timeout 3 minutes
all on the same firmware: 1.0.9.102

but they all behaving different almost looks like at will

1) right after a reboot the blacklight timeout and screensaver seem to be triggered as configured
but
a) some go totally dark with the screen saver
b) some display a dime 3cx logo
c) some display the grandstream screen saver (pretty pictures scrolling through)

2) after a while the blacklight and screen saver is not triggered at all. no voicemail is waiting, no missed call

3) if there is a missed call: looking at that missed call and so to speak setting it "read" will trigger the blacklight timeout and screen saver timeout again. .... for a while until it is stuck again and never triggered.

I don't understand what I should expect to see, what makes it "stuck"; what screen saver should actually be shown?

Last edited:
Reactions: bpaim
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.