Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream 4104 outbound rules question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by beaterku, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaterku

Good morning all,

On a test system, I am using a grandsream GXP4104 gateway. I have my outbound rules set up similar to the attached rule. This setup works, but it the 3CX Assistant, the numbers show up a 991xxxxxxx etc... due to the outbound rule. The reason I have set yup 3 routes to the grandstream, if you provide only one route to the grandstream, it always picks 3rd line to call out on instead of going in order, 1, 2, 3. This all works just fine, except when an employee tries to double click a number in the Assistant to call out and the PBX gets 991+the number (ex. 991991xxxxxxx). Is there another way to set this up to do away with he dial code to direct the calls to the right ports?

I should add, I have the grandstream set up to round robin the ports.

Thanks!
    Nick

Attached Files:

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Make another outbound rule AHEAD of this one in the list.

e.g. call to numbers starting with 99*, call length 6

Then same 3 rules as the one in the diagram but strip 3 digits and then prepend the 3 again.

so 911 would show as 991911 in your example

but if they dialed 991911 then it would strip the 991 and then prepend either 991, 992, 993 etc depending on which route worked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. beaterku

Good morning all. I had an employee come by my office this morning and ask why the numbers in the assistant show up with 991, 992 etc... before the numbers dialed out. This jogged my memory. I have not figured out a way yet to configure the GXW4104 to dial out in order.

For example, If I have an employee make a call out, I would like the 3cx/GXW4104 to pick port 1 first, port 2 second etc... So far, I have only be able to accomplish this by creating an outbound rule with 3 routes as shown in the attachment. This is no big deal for me on the back end as it works, is simple and does what I want to it to do. The problem come in the Assistant. The outbound calls list lists the dialed out numbers as 991xxxxxxx, 992xxxxxxx etc... No biggie, until you try to click those numbers to call out. 3cx then doubles up the prefix used by the grandsteam and dials a number that doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

Thank you all!!!

Nick

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.