Grandstream 4108 Not answering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alonchu, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alonchu

Help!

Our company is losing calls.
    The gradstream doesn't seem to pick up on all calls.
    Is there a setting for this somewhere where I can change that.

Also, not sure if this has something to do with it but some of my users have been complaining about echoes and DTMF sending not working when calling and receiving calls.

Thanks,
    Alon

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I think you will need to come up with some more information, not a lot to go on. 3CX logs? 4108 firmware version number? What calls are not being picked up? How log has this been happening? etc.....

3. alonchu

Hardware Revision: Main-- 2.0 Rev A Part Number-- 966-00002-20A

The calls are not in the log.
    This has been happening for about a week now.
    Incoming calls from different places are not being picked up, others are.

For example, if I call from my cell it might not pick up and then a few miutes later it will.

Could Verizon not be sending the ringing command?

Also, I have been having problems with out DSL (seperate line) and they said there was a wiring issue.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That could be the case, there might be a problem with ringing voltage/faulty linecard at the CO on some of your lines, although it is usually unlikely that that sort of problem would affect more than one line, but, it's not unheard of.

It could also be that the Grandstream is at fault.

You could try bridging a standard phone with caller ID on to each line and do some testing before pointing fingers at Verizon. That may narrow it down to one particular line that is having problems.

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

It sounds like your grandstream is starting to give up on you, i suggest you test with another PSTN device and see the results if they are the same then call verizon if not then your need to havey our old one swapped out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. alonchu

Ok, so here is what I did.
    I called each line from my cell phone and unplugged the two lines that didn't pick up.
    I then took then plugged the wires from two of the lines that worked into those line and it worked.
    So it seems that I have 2 ports on the grandstream that don't work.

Any Ideas on what I should do?
    The grandstream is about a month and a half old.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'd say you've got two choices...A complete reset/re-datafill on the Grandstream in the hopes that it is a software issue and not a hardware fault, or, since it is only a month old, get it replaced under warantee. Perhaps they can send you a replacement before you have to send back the faulty unit.

8. alonchu

Could this also be the reason users are reporting echoing on their line and DTMF not always working?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.