Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

grandstream analog and GSM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Quick question regarding on my grandstream 4108 which i connected 4 analog trunkline and 4 Lines connected to GSM gateway. the problem is when i dial a local number here in the philippines using the dial 9 prefix i created for dialing local landline the route still goes to the line of the GSM gateway which is in channel 5-7 of the grandstream. Is there a configuration to split the grandstream channel by 4?

2. RLester

Are you wanting to spit the gateways 8 FXO ports so that 3CX sees it as (2) 4 FXO ports each?

If I understand what you want I believe you could in 3CX do the add gateway wizard and name it something like GXW01 and add the 4 ports that you want configure you rule. Then go do it again and name it GXW02 and add the 4 port that you did not add to the first one and configure your rule for this gateway. This should have 2 4 port gateways in 3CX.

3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Rlester

Yes i want to split the 8 port FXO. but you cant change the number of ports of the FXO in 3cx. I already tried to split them in 3cx. DO you have alternative way how to split them so i can dedicated 4 port for the analog and 4 port to may GSM?

Thanks

STASH :D

4. RLester

I do not know what a GSM is. I gather that it must be separate device. I just know that if you setup a new gateway configuration in 3CX using the wizard and only add the ports that you want for you analog lines. 3cx will only see the 4 ports you add to this gateway but, keep in mind that the grand stream gateway your working with has round robin (load balancing) I can’t be turned off I guess you just have to over ride it with manual port selection.

Grand Stream support instructed me to prefix my numbers with 991,992,993,994,995,996,997,998. In a way to map any number you dial to fxo ports 1-8. (They say trouble with 3CX and round robin) If you look at the GS configuration down at the bottom of one of the pages you see something like channel selection and the default prefix is 99x.

The way I went about it was using 1 stage dialing and I did not want to dial any extra digits at all at the phone. If you look at the 3cx outbound rules you will see “prepend” or (prefix) box for each route in that rule. If you add ports 1-4 to the 3cx gateway then add 991,992,993 to the outbound rule routes 1-3 then I can’t say what it would do about the 4th port. Maybe add 994,993,992 I have no idea how it would acct. You may try (2) rules lets say for numbers that start with 8 and use to routs then say 9 and in that rule use to routs. This has been my trouble with the unit I need all 8 ports and just could not get it quite right.

I’m sorry if I can’t do better to explain or be more help. I have set it up with the prefix number and it does work I just do not see a way to setup all 8 ports with out dialing in each time or using a lot of rules so play around with it.

5. stash

stash New Member

ok tnx Rlester i will test your advice. i got your point hehe tnx again

STASH:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.