• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream DP715 as a remote extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

way

Platinum Partner
Reaction score
Hello

I have looked at the blogs to see if I could autoprovision the DP715 to be a remote extension, but under the Phone Provisioning options I can only see the 'Local LAN (in the office)' option while other grandstream models such as the GXP series offer both NAT mode and SIP proxy mode. Without this option, it seems I will need to manually configure the DP715 to use the sip proxy tunnel like I have done for 2 of the Yealinks which are already working on the remote network.

However, it seems I can't get this dect phone to register! These are the settings I have changed from the default on the DP715:

Primary SIP server- 192.168.1.4 (local IP of the pbx)
Outbound Proxy- 192.168.1.67:5085 (local IP and listening port of the SIP proxy manager)
User/ID/password- all set and triple checked to be the correct credentials for the extension
Name- Profile shop (same as name on extension)
Mis. settings- SIP registration/unregistration on reboot set to 'yes,' outgoing call without registration set to 'no'

I have been monitoring the server event log to look for failed registrations and the IP blacklist to see if I put in the authentication details wrong (I have a strict anti-hacking setup), but there were no relevant public or private IP's which leads me to believe that something has gone wrong between the DP715 and the SIP proxy manager (although 2 yealink hand sets work fine using the proxy).

Is there anything obvious that I'm not seeing here? :oops:

Thanks in advance!

way said:
Outbound Proxy- 192.168.1.67:5085 (local IP and listening port of the SIP proxy manager)

Just to be sure, sip proxy is listening by default on port 5080, you changed that default port to 5085 on sip proxy? What does wireshark on the computer where sip proxy is installed says?

Hi way,

As "mixing" suggested, wireshark will give a better idea of the root cause of the issue.

You can open a ticket in Grandstream support to follow up with you on this case:
http://www.grandstream.com/support/submit-a-ticket

Best regards,
GSsupport

But you can MANUALLY setup the phone to use STUN after you do a regular autoprovisioning. In any event, since autoprovisioning does only 1 handset, getting familiar with manual tweaking is a must. Don't overcomplicate your life with a Proxy just for one device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.