Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream FXO gateway CLI problem solved

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RichardCrabb1, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichardCrabb1

    RichardCrabb1 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2009
    Messages:
    196
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi All,
    I have noticed for a while in different forums that people have had issues with CLI display problems with the GXW-4104 and GXW-4108; particularly in the UK. I used to think that this was a software compatibility problem. Actually, the power supply quality is key for the CLI to display at all. Two new GXW-4104s have not worked for displaying caller ID on the newest firmware; 1.3.4.13, so I have worked with Grandstream to get to the bottom of it.

    The Grandstream support guy that I worked with noticed that the line sounded somewhat noisy. I changed the PSU for an alternative type of the same voltage and power rating. The display worked fine. Nothing to do with the firmware.

    We have two Grandstream FXO gateways - both would not display the CLI, so the PSUs supplied are just not suitable and are too noisy. I need to get in touch with Voipon to find out what has happened with regard to the power supplies for this device. Perhaps it is Voipon that pack in the power supply, rather than Grandstream. They are labelled as TPi model number TSA3-120125-WB voltage 12V current 1.25 amps. It is a switched mode type judging by its light weight and lack of internal transformer.

    I hope that helps
    Richard Crabb
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mikeradio

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same problem in Canada with 2 GXw-4104 not picking up the caller Id properly, but upgrading to the beta verison 1.3.4.13 fixed my problem.

    Mike
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.