• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream FXO gateway CLI problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardCrabb1

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have noticed for a while in different forums that people have had issues with CLI display problems with the GXW-4104 and GXW-4108; particularly in the UK. I used to think that this was a software compatibility problem. Actually, the power supply quality is key for the CLI to display at all. Two new GXW-4104s have not worked for displaying caller ID on the newest firmware; 1.3.4.13, so I have worked with Grandstream to get to the bottom of it.

The Grandstream support guy that I worked with noticed that the line sounded somewhat noisy. I changed the PSU for an alternative type of the same voltage and power rating. The display worked fine. Nothing to do with the firmware.

We have two Grandstream FXO gateways - both would not display the CLI, so the PSUs supplied are just not suitable and are too noisy. I need to get in touch with Voipon to find out what has happened with regard to the power supplies for this device. Perhaps it is Voipon that pack in the power supply, rather than Grandstream. They are labelled as TPi model number TSA3-120125-WB voltage 12V current 1.25 amps. It is a switched mode type judging by its light weight and lack of internal transformer.

I hope that helps
Richard Crabb

I had the same problem in Canada with 2 GXw-4104 not picking up the caller Id properly, but upgrading to the beta verison 1.3.4.13 fixed my problem.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.