• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

grandstream FXS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stash

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone experience that cannot change settings of grandtstream settings most is the STATIC IP and the timezone.

Thanks,

STASH

What model are you talking about?

Was it ever locked to a provider?

Have you done a full reset on the device?

Hi Leejor,

The GXW 4024. it was never locked in a provider since this is analog extension. yes i tried a full reset of the configuration.

After loading the config file from 3cx i can't change the timezone and the Dynamic to STATIC IP.

Thanks,

STASH

I was not aware that loading a configuration file prevented a user from manually changing settings. In fact in the past there have been complaints that a setting changed will revert to the previous setting after the device "gets" it's configuration file again.

When you try to change the settings are they "greyed out" or just not available?

I can see that the time zone settings will be picked up from the configuration file, given that there is a time zone section in 3CX, based on makes of devices, but have you tried setting a fixed IP manually, then downloading the config file?

Hi,

This issue comes from templates and as a workaround untill we fix this you can edit yourself the template, factory reset your gateway and reprovision it. Open 3cx Management console, go to Settings->Provisioning Templates and select template type Gateway and template name GrandStream GXW-4024 from the drp down list. Comment with a # in front or delete the following P values: P8, P64 and P246. Save the template and generate another config file for your gateway.

Hi

We configure devices in our template to be used in Production environment.
You do not configure devices with Static IP Addresses. You should have a DHCP Server, And the DHCP server should have the concept of DHCP reservations.
If you want, then do not use 3CX Provisioning mechanisms because the defaults will be set for DHCP Use.

The proper way is to go on the DHCP Server, create a reservation for the mac address of the grandstream gateway and you will be assured that everytime the device boots, it will contact DHCP server and it will get the IP Address that you have reserved for it.

As for timezone, you need to configure the timezone you can find the section that relates to the timezone, and hardcode it to the timezone you need. Since it is not a phone, we might not be provisioning the time or we might be hard coding it to US time. But in any case, if it has an incorrect time, there should be no problem. A Gateway like this does not need to have it's time configured properly - it has no LCD display.

Hi Nicky,

OK i will do the reservation on the DHCP server. Correct my if I'm wrong the FXS gateway gives the date and time on Analog Phones that has LCD or a screen on it which shows date time and number you dial or number calling that specific phone?

Thanks,

STASH

DHCP reservation OK.We agreed on this.

Re time - yes - you mentioned an important point. And Actually I do not have a clear answer for this.
It could be the FXS gateway (because it has options for this - otherwise logic tells me that the time configuration options would not be there.)
However most probably this is something you have to configure on the phone itself (the phones local time)

Make some tests:
Change the timezone on the FXS device to something you can identify and replug the analog phone to the FXS - Does the time on the analog phone change? (do this via the grandstream FXS web interface)

Let me know on this - then we can discuss and if above is true, we can modify the template together.
In which timezone are you located?

Hi Nicky,

Yes i already conducted test on the phones when i changed the time and date of analog phones it will be reset after a few minutes.
But if i set the timezone of the FXS gateway to +8 just pressing Apply and not rebooting the device and will set again on the analog phones the right time and date it will not be reset. But i don't want to do this because when a power failure comes or i need to reboot the device it will revert back to the factory timezone. Timezone is +8 or timezone for beijing.

Thanks,

STASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.