Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GP2160 Problems on update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mark Goodayle, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Goodayle

I have 100 plus gpx2160 extensions and since the latest update they keep locking up, in that the phone will not receive or make calls and the BLF are in a frozen state as well. I need to reboot the phone to correct it. Even if the phone is not used it happens, when the phone is in this state the 3cx shows it as not provisioned in the phone list.

I have been using them on 3cx since V12 up to V15 with templates from grandstream no problem.

When I see that 3cx was going to support them I upgraded the firmware on all phones to 1.0.9.58 from the link on 3cx website, at this point all was still ok. When I upgraded the 3cx system to the latest 15.5.8801.3 that’s when I ran into problems.

I have reset all phones to factory state, they have firmware 1.0.9.58, and I have used the default 3cx provision template as well.

I now keep getting user`s saying their phone is not ringing and they cannot dial out so they need to reboot. This happens about three times a day and I can’t fix it and have no way of going back?

Please help me!

At least I did not run into the constant ringing problem, that some people had because they did not use the correct firmware. I came across other problems like the default for the PC port is disabled, the allocation of the BLF have moved up starting at No 23- 48. I had to remap all my BLF extensions for all users whick took a bit of time!

#1 Mark Goodayle, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Mark Goodayle,

Are the phones provisioned locally or remotely?
    Have you run the Firewall Check and get a Pass as result?

3. Mark Goodayle

At least I did not run into the constant ringing problem, that some people had because they did not use the correct firmware. I came across other problems like the default for the PC port is disabled, the allocation of the BLF have moved up starting at No 23- 48. I had to remap all my BLF extensions for all users

4. Mark Goodayle

80% are local the rest remotely.
    The firewall check has always been green however I have just re run it and now i have port poblems
    • resolving 'stun.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun2.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'stun3.3cx.com'... done
    • resolving 'sip-alg-detector.3cx.com'... done
    • testing 3CX SIP Server... failed (How to resolve?)
      • stopping service... done
      • detecting SIP ALG... not detected
      • testing port 5060... full cone test failed (How to resolve?)
      • starting service... done
    • testing 3CX Tunneling Proxy... failed (How to resolve?)
      • stopping service... done
      • testing port 5090... full cone test failed (How to resolve?)
      • starting service... done
    • testing 3CX Media Server... failed (How to resolve?)
    • This maybe a windows 10 update thats forced the protection settings on the firewall?

5. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would start troubleshooting from there.
    You can find a guide regarding Firewall & Router configuration here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/firewall-router-configuration/

Regarding the remote extensions kindly notice that each Remote STUN Extension must have a unique Local SIP Port and Unique RTP Port range. In the provisioning tab of each extension make sure that the Local SIP Port of Phone is different between the extensions that you have selected to register through STUN method and are behind the same Public ip address (1st 5065, 2nd 5066, 3rd 5067, etc.. ) as well the Local RTP Audio Ports Start ( 1st14000-140011, 2nd 14012-14023, 3rd 14024-14035, etc.. )

Make sure that since each phone has dedicated ports, on the remote firewall you have to make a Static NAT and Static Port Forwarding to the Private ip address of each phone. If you are using Yealink phones and these are on firmware x.80.x.x then you will need 12 RTP ports for each extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.