Grandstream GUI Stopped

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thames, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

Has anyone ever seen a Grandstream 2110 phone suddenly stop working? My 2110 has no GUI and, when I could get into the web interface, it said, in red, "GUI: Stopped"

Now I can't get into the web interface at all and because the GUI isn't working, I cannot factory reset it either.

Anyone got any idea what I can do with this phone, other than throw it in a skip?

Regards
    Chris

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Power off/power on?

3. thames

thames New Member

Aha! Yes - tried that - numerous times. All I get is the "Booting..." on the GUI but then once the phone has booted, the GUI is completely blank. Last time I attempted to go in on web interface it didn't come up either, so perhaps the IP has changed back to default or something.

I guess I need to know how to reset to factory when you cannot access the phone via the GUI or the web... a tough one!

Cheers
    Chris

4. markshehan

markshehan New Member

I dont know if you can telnet into it or whether the telnet is not working either.

If you can find its ip and can telnet in then you can reprovision the firmware using a tftp server locally.

Other than that, if it is bricked and out of warranty then not much you can do. Try Grandstream support as a last resort.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. thames

thames New Member

Hi there, Mark

Will try the telnet option and see where it leads. Thanks for the advice - if I can't get into the phone I may well just bin it.

Cheers
    Chris

6. markshehan

markshehan New Member

If you can get in here are some useful commands.

status - shows you the current phone status including firmware. If there is a corruption it will show "unknown"

reset - does a factory reset

reboot

config - lets you configure the device. eg. to clear the provisioning path

config <enter>
    set 145 0 <enter>
    set 237 0 <enter>
    commit <enter>
    exit <enter>

upgrade - puts you in the upgrade mode. e.g.

upgrade <enter>
    set TFTP <enter>
    set URL [firmware url] <enter>
    commit <enter>
    upgrade <enter> (this forces an upgrade of firmware)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. thames

thames New Member

Hi Mark

Fab response - thank you so much. I'll try that before putting a torch to it.

Cheers
    Chris

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've had 3 Grandstream (single line) ATA's/gateways, stop responding/behaving in bizarre ways, and being unable to reset. Unfortunately none had any sort of "hard" reset button, I've never tossed them in the hopes that I would eventually come across some way to do a hard reset. Given that are all a bit older devices, I trust that the reliability has improved since these came out. It just put me off, and I'm still a bit leary of them.

9. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Grandstream is our most popular line. I would guess our RMA rate is less than 1% for them. And for most of those it is "out of the box" problems rather than something going wrong a few months down the road.

They dont have many with hard reset buttons (The new DP715 base has one), but normally you can telnet into them even if everything else is failing and then you can usually reset it and try to reconfigure it.

Maybe you can dig out those old boxes and see if you can telnet in - I would be curious to know if you can fix them

10. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

leejor:

Have you tried to factory reset them via the FXS port when inputting the mac address via keypad (you will LOVE the letters)... sarcasm. We did that many time with the HT286 and it worked well. If you need details let me know.

Charles

11. GSsupport

Hi thames,

Did you upgrade your GXP2110 from telnet?
    Are you still experiencing the issue?

Please let us know if you need more assistance

@ leejor:

What do you mean by stop responding? Not able to access web interface?
    Account can not register any more? Please give us more details?

Were you able to factory reset the unit using analog phone connected to FXS port?

Best regards,
    GSsupport

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'd have to dig them out and hook them up again, which I might do this weekend , time permitting. As I recall (and these are various models, all single line units), there were different issues. One had a buzzing noise over dialtone, one gave gibberish back in the voice response or would not respond to any DTMF commands. Give me some time and I can provide more details. I could not do a reset on any of them.

13. thames

thames New Member

Hi there, GSupport

I upgraded it using the web interface. It was only after that that the phone stopped working altogether. When I upgraded it, the GUI was not working and, on the web interface, it said "GUI: Stopped" with a red highlighted background. After I upgraded the firmware, now I cannot even get on to the phone using the web interface. Because I cannot see anything on the GUI screen, I also have no idea what, if any, IP it's getting, so I cannot telnet to it either.

Is there anything else I can do?

Best wishes
    Chris

14. thames

thames New Member

Hi Folks

Well... perhaps this phone is bricked after all. I cannot get it to display anything on the GUI. When I connect it to the network, it no longer comes up in the "Phones" list, so I don't have a clue what its IP address is, if it is even getting an IP address now...

Question - if it had to do with the firmware update, and let's say for whatever reason the firmware update was the cause of this issue, is there absolutely nothing that can be done with it? It seems such a shame to throw away a perfectly good phone just because I cannot get into the interface to reset it.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted..

Cheers
    Chris

15. system007

hi

have you tried to change broweser

mean from mozila to explorer or google chrom

if not tray to change the pc that your trying to access the GUI

regard

16. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

I've changed PC, browser and even network. Nothing - cannot get into the phone because there is no way to figure out what the IP address is, unless someone knows a way to do this?

Cheers
    Chris

17. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Go to the DHCP server on the network to find the ip address it gave to the phone.

18. thames

thames New Member

Hi Mark

Done that - doesn't look as though the phone is picking up an IP address...?

Cheers
    Chris

19. system007

one of the device happens with me and i found the ip

i brought an router call draytek it has automatic dhcp
    when i connect it
    and go to the logs
    it will found for me what device is connected through this router and what is also the ip...

20. thames

thames New Member

Thanks, system007 - I'll give that a try - my network runs mostly on Draytek routers.

Cheers
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.