Grandstream GXP-1400

Discussion in 'Windows' started by stash, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Anyone use this model of IP phone? I'm having a unusual problem with this.
    When the phone becomes idle for about a minute it cannot receive any calls. but if you try calling out or calling an extension after that conversation it can receive calls again. I was thinking of the keep alive. But i already enable this feature still gets the error. Can anyone give me a hint where to troubleshoot this? You will only hear ringing until you reach the VM but the Phone does not ring.

Thanks,

STASH

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

It that phone a remote extension or is it on the same LAN as 3cx? Only that one phone or all 1400 models?

3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Mixig,

This phone resides in a VPN connectivity so on the same LAN. Only this phone

Thanks,

STASH

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

could you check the firmware on that phone? Is it the same as the other phones which are working fine.

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

HAve you tried to set up as a remote extension, using SIP Proxy manager? I've found in alot of cases that works better than using a VPN as if you are on the same network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stash

stash New Member

Hi jpillow,

But i have the same configuration in my office using VPN and i don't have any issue.
    the problem was encountered in my client. do you think this is a Network issue?

Thanks,

STASH

7. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Are you using the exact same phone in your office, or are you using a sopftphone? I've had cases where for some reason a software vpn works best and others I have to use the SPM, for handsets and 3cx tunnel for soft phon. These are extensions on the same WAN though I have to provision and configure differently to get a working result. It may verywell be a network issue even so by trying to use SPM that could solve the problem as that is what it is designed to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. GSsupport

Hi;

Can you please tell us which firmware is exactly loaded to this phone? (Please check it from the status page)
    Which NAT traversal mode you are actually using? (Account 1 page)

Best regards,
    GSsupport

9. Flocklot

HI I hope someone can help. Its old 3CX Phone System Version6.1.0 which we are hoping to upgrade in a few weeks the latest version as the company wants to expand. However, the client has several remote extensions which work 100% and they are Grandstream GXP 2000, 2020 etc.

We come to try and add a pair of GXP1400 on the system as replacements, but they don’t seem to want to work in that there is no audio when one remote GXP1400 calls the other remote GXP1400 (in the same remote office). If we call a GXP2000 extension on the same remote site (same office) it works fine.

The configuration of the 1400 is different to the GXP2000 but the 1400 phone works fine otherwise in making and receiving calls.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

10. stash

stash New Member

Hi Flock,

Try using SIP Proxy Manager.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/sip-proxy-manager/

Thanks,

STASH

11. Flocklot

Thanks Stash, I'll look at this. The strange thing is the 3 older GXP2000 and 2010 devices work 100% without having to set up the sip tunnel.

Thanks

12. Flocklot

I'll post this edit separate so you get the update, I should have added the router does the tunnel ported to the phones which I know the older GXPs wont work without that.

I'm going to go through the configs of the new phone and compare to the older GXPs.

Thanks

13. stash

stash New Member

Hi Flock,

Ok hope everything will be good.

Thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.