Grandstream GXP 1450 Firmware Update!!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Zenithpeople, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenithpeople

Hi

I am trying to update the firmware on my handset in the office and can't remember how to actually do it.

I believe I have to upload the actual firmware in to the 3cx system, then select it for each handset.

I have the firmware on my desktop, but there is 4 separate files. Some of those files are named the same as the files already in the 3CX console. Do I remove them first and upload the new ones? Which file do I actually select for the handset itself.

Thanks

David

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What version of 3CX are you running? If version 12, you might simply try going to the phones page on the left hand side of the column and then highlighting the phone of interest and then look at the top of the screen for upgrade firmware. It may be in a pull down box off to the far right as its appearance may depend on your screen resolution.

You can also go into the phone's web interface and find the provisioning section and then for firmware location input "firmware.grandstream.com" and specify "HTTP" and the update options desired. The phone will go off and retrieve whatever the latest firmware is (not necessarily 3CX supported/approved, but the very latest) and install for you.

If the above do not work, then you can search the blog for how to take the downloaded firmware files and insert into the 3CX firmware folder for provisioning. It is not hard, but the first option is the easiest by far.

3. Zenithpeople

We are running version 11 at the moment. Version 12 will get installed fairly soon though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.