• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Grandstream GXP-2000 Transfer problem under 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

friso

Reaction score
When i use the trnf (transfer function) under 3CX i get an error "Transfer failed". A blind transfer works.
Anyone of you knows what the problem can be, or know a good configuration of 3 Grandstream GXP-2000 phones with 3CX software.

Thanx
Friso

Friso,
To complete the attended transfer of the call are you pressing the key that corresponds to the line that you want to transfer immediately after pressing the transfer button?
GXP-2000's manual is not clear in that respect. They seem to say that just pressing the transfer key is enough. It is not so, you then need to press the line to transfer, otherwise the system wouldn't know which line to transfer.
Hope this helps.
Halea

I am transferring the call as follows: when the call is astablished, i push a free line button and dial to the phone to where i want to transfer the call.
when the connection is there (that works well) i can talk to the person on that phone.
After that i push the transfer button and then the blinking line button. On the display of the grandstream i see "Transfering" and after that the anouncement that : Transfer failed".

I think i do everything good.
Maybe anyonen knows if it is a setting problem in 3CX or in the telephone itself.
The phone has worked this way on a asterisk system

Friso

friso said:
I am transferring the call as follows: when the call is astablished, i push a free line button and dial to the phone to where i want to transfer the call.
when the connection is there (that works well) i can talk to the person on that phone.
After that i push the transfer button and then the blinking line button. On the display of the grandstream i see "Transfering" and after that the anouncement that : Transfer failed".

I think i do everything good.
Maybe anyonen knows if it is a setting problem in 3CX or in the telephone itself.
The phone has worked this way on a asterisk system

Friso

Please specify firmware version of your GXP2000.
Please specify version of 3CX PBX you are using.

Thanks

Friso,
Your procedure is correct. With what you're doing it should work. That's how I do on my phones over here.
I don't know of any settings that you need to adjust either in that phone or on 3CX.
Hopefully someone else can share her/his experience with us regarding this matter.
Sometimes, I think that there is black magic in those VOIP things :mrgreen: With my phones, including the GXP-2000, I cannot use any * (star) codes :( I'm sure we will figure those problems eventually. Hopefully eventually is soon and not in a different lifetime :lol:
Halea

This is what i found in de grandstream phone
Program-- 1.1.1.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.1.5

The version of 3CX i run is Version5.1.4128.0

Friso

friso said:
This is what i found in de grandstream phone
Program-- 1.1.1.14 Bootloader-- 1.1.1.5

The version of 3CX i run is Version5.1.4128.0

Friso

Did you update it with latest patch?

I have the following on my GXP-2000 phones:
Software Version: Program-- 1.1.5.15 Bootloader-- 1.1.5.6
And as I mentioned before, the transfer procedure as you detailed above works just fine :) So, Friso, you are one step closer to a home run. Update the firmware and start sailing.
Don't forget to thank Stepan.
Halea

When i go to versions/update it says "your version is up to date"

Friso

Halea said:
I have the following on my GXP-2000 phones:
Software Version: Program-- 1.1.5.15 Bootloader-- 1.1.5.6
And as I mentioned before, the transfer procedure as you detailed above works just fine :) So, Friso, you are one step closer to a home run. Update the firmware and start sailing.
Don't forget to thank Stepan.
Halea

Do you know how to update the firmware. Can i do it using the web interface

friso said:
When i go to versions/update it says "your version is up to date"

Friso

Ok.
Could you please try to configure your "GXP2000 based" extensions as "Support re-invite"=off

Thanks

I did the "off" thing, but when i call in from a outside line i get a transfer failed. After that i disconnect all the phones but line 1 on the grandstream keeps blinking, and in the "Line status" my pstn line and the grandstream keeps yellow. The only way tho disconnect them is to stop the service under windows and start it again

friso said:

Go to the following page:
http://www.grandstream.com/firmware.html
Notice that the TFTP server IP address to update GXP-2000 is 168.75.215.189.
Put that number in your configuration screen (GXP-2000 / Advanced Settings / Firmware Server Path)
Make sure that "Firmware Upgrade and Provisioning" is set to TFTP.
Make sure that "Automatic Upgrade" is set to Yes and the frequency is set to a couple of minutes.
Make sure that "Always Check for New Firmware" is set to Yes.
Wait/reset your phone. Within minutes it will be updated.
Change those settings back once you're done with the upgrade.
It's a bit of a pain but it works.

Halea

Halea said:
friso said:

Go to the following page:
http://www.grandstream.com/firmware.html
Notice that the TFTP server IP address to update GXP-2000 is 168.75.215.189.
Put that number in your configuration screen (GXP-2000 / Advanced Settings / Firmware Server Path)
Make sure that "Firmware Upgrade and Provisioning" is set to TFTP.
Make sure that "Automatic Upgrade" is set to Yes and the frequency is set to a couple of minutes.
Make sure that "Always Check for New Firmware" is set to Yes.
Wait/reset your phone. Within minutes it will be updated.
Change those settings back once you're done with the upgrade.
It's a bit of a pain but it works.

Halea

Helea
Thanx for the upgrade tips. It's downloading the firmware at the moment.

Friso

friso said:
I did the "off" thing, but when i call in from a outside line i get a transfer failed. After that i disconnect all the phones but line 1 on the grandstream keeps blinking, and in the "Line status" my pstn line and the grandstream keeps yellow. The only way tho disconnect them is to stop the service under windows and start it again

Version of 3CXPhoneSystem.exe is shown on "Version" tab of file properties dialog.

Could you please specify it?
Thanks

SY said:
friso said:

Version of 3CXPhoneSystem.exe is shown on "Version" tab of file properties dialog.

Thanks

That's what it says

friso said:
SY said:
friso said:

Thanks

That's what it says

If you already updated it then it should be different.
Could you please check this link http://www.3cx.com/forums/updates-available-for-4128---run-check-for-updates-4615.html ?

Thanks

It is still not working. The phone reacts a little bit different without the transfer error, but no transfer is possible. Just the blind trasfer works. Does anyone of you hafe screenshots of a good configuration with Grandstream GXP-2000 phones, a spa-3102 gateway en the 3CX software.

I have to do this for family who owns a furniture store and have 4 telephones.

thanx
Friso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.