GRANDSTREAM GXP-2000

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matfalci, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matfalci

I'm buying some new IP phones, but i would like to understand why the GXP-2000 is tested but not (Recommended); there are problem with this phone? poor quality or what else? Is better to choose the (Recommended) Linksys SPA921 without using BLF :-( ???

Thank you

2. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Mat, well not many replying to this, but while Grandstreams are not recomended they work very well. and there are a number of users that have posted on here wih problems but in my opinion, the GXP are less confusing button wise than a Snom 320 say..

Phil

3. ktikoft

The GXP-2000 is now a relic time has passed it by, its cheap and chearful though

Grandstream have repalced it with the GXP205/2010/2020 series so you really should be looking at this for comparison. Along the way there have been some issues with firmware behaviour on the Grandstream Phones from what i read on the web.

I have all GXP2020's in our office and they work well. I have no doubt the SNOM would have been a better phone but $ for $ the grandstreams are better.

4. ess

ess New Member

The only issue I have had is a BLF issue with my GXP-2000's (phone continuously reboots). Then, I updated to the latest firmware and everything is squared away. To learn more about the issue, search for grandstream BLF. I recommend the phone :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. silentfun

silentfun Member

my gxp-2020 problem is a freezing of the BLF Lights after some time - but the phone is still running - just no more updates of the BLF lights until reboot

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ktikoft

Yes but the lowestr bidder works for the Sapce Shuttle ... on Secodn thoughts maybe not.

But more serously it is all about cost benefit.

Am i fiddling with 10 phones or 200.
    What am I trying to replace and how much do I have to spend as opposed to how much can i get away with.

Every day peopel choose Toyota over Hyundai and BMW over Toyota but often for different reasons.

The Grandstreams work and make calls in a low compexity environment they work well. I user them with three different extensisons and have run 4 way conferences ont he one phone.

If you want to get more complex i agree spend a bit more. SNOM/Linksys If you want more just spend all your money on a propriety solution not 3cx ie Avya and Cisco of course you have BMW when all you needed was the Toyota.

I chose the Granstream for Feature List and Price. I made the choice expecting teething issues which i had but that was more the rest of the network rather than the phoens themselves and since sorted I have not touched them for almost 12 months.

7. matfalci

...so snom 320 is best solution? no problem with blf or other purposes?

8. Philco

Philco Member

I find he GXP2000 (series) seem ok and otherwise reliable,but I know there are problems with some of the functions such as BLF which in our test set we dont use. We dont want things to work first time do we.. (only joking)

Andy (silentfun), I guess Grandstream are aware of the problem of the BLF Lights. They do seem helpful and send fixes to try if they are made aware. Just got one for an HT486 issue thats been round for a while, but they forgot to address it in the last 4 updates, but sorted in less than 24 hours.

Regards

Phil

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Just done. I suppose. Never was able to reproduce "instability" on my Snom, but today I fixed one issue that could affect it.

10. darrellchapman

Just my two cents.

We have a combination of GXP2000, GXP2020, and the new GXP2010 phones. All of them work quite well. Grandstream advertises that the GXP2000 does not have intercom but the latest firmware certainly has it and I've got it working with v6 of the 3CX server. I'm not sure if they just haven't updated their documentation or what.

Suffice it to say that I'm very happy with Grandstream phones especially at their advertised price.

11. Philco

Philco Member

The one thing I like about the Grandstreams and its not the price, is the no nonsense keypad layout. compared to the Snoms (which I use too) the GXP series is less cluttered and has a nice clear display. Nice to able to easily make your own ringtone too for each line on a multiline phone.

Try Notify out of Windows sounds as a secondary line ring tone.

Sounds great on a GXP

Phil

12. darrellchapman

Thanks for the info Phil. I don't have any experience other than Grandstream so its nice to know that I made a good choice.

On a side note: hope you are doing well and I haven't forgotten about that beer the next time I'm in the UK.

13. Philco

Philco Member

Oh, I'm no authority on the phones Darrell, just like things simple and it appears along with quite a few on these forums that use the Grandstreams.

Yes doing ok, and the beer awaits.. but you'l be a while coming what with the exchnage rate and your little un.. :)

Regards

Phil

14. darrellchapman

Ouch!

15. matfalci

I'm little bit confused... what phones i must buy for my office?

Grandstream have BLF problems, SNOM also have BLF problems, Linksys have no BLF support...

please help!!! :!:

16. Philco

Philco Member

Hi Mat, if you can get to see a Grandstream and a Snom choose whichever you like the look of. As far as facilities are concerned, they are very much the same and some say the Snom is built better than the Gransdstream, but you need to see them to see the difference. Theres plenty of Grandstreams and Snoms being used.

Phil

17. matfalci

i don't want to buy a phone that have features not working correctly so i think linksys is better....

18. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Snom has the only known glitch which is BLF. And it has been supposedly fixed on our side yetserday (though it yet to be checked).
    Grandstreams are quite good but there're a lot of complains about latest firmwares due to freezes, call drops, etc. So in my point of view it's little bit more risky.

19. matfalci

Thank you Archie, other phone without issue? AASTRA 55i? and DECT phone without problems with 3cx?

20. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Sorry, I don't work closely with hardware. I have some at my desk which I'm using for everyday tests and they are Snom, Grandstream and Linksys. Being properly set all of them works good. My personal preference is Snom. Aastra is very close to Snom, as far as I know. I didn't work with any DECT SIP-phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.