Grandstream GXP-2010**CUSTOM WORKING TEMPLATE GXP2010

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PaulD, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulD

Hi

I believe that the Grandstream provisioning template delivered with V9RC2 does not correctly provision the 18 BLF keys for the GXP-2010. I previously editted your template to produce a working template for the GXP-2010 but it is lost with each new release.

Would it be possible to consider updating the stock template to fully support the GXP-2010 BLF keys. I have attached mine which follows your format for the BLF keys and also utilises the new BLF firstname & lastname variables.

Many thanks
    Paul

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Grandstream GXP-2010

1) thanks for this.
    2) What do your changes do exactly?
    3) Tip - create a new template, grandstream.ph.custom.xml - use that and then when you take a backup, this template will be saved and restored. You will not loose these changes. The template parser loads any xml file it finds there in the templates folder so yes if it is correct you can use it and take it with you version after version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: Grandstream GXP-2010**DISCUSSION

Hi

Yes this is a known issue. To keep one unified template for all phones.
    We are not going to change this behavior.

However what we can do is distribute this via system updates - however it will be a bit messy in the future so your best bet is to create a template, do it how you like - and save it. Restart web or winforms and start pointing extensions to load that custom template. Every backup u make, this custom template will be backed up. (actually everything in this location is backed up.)

4. PaulD

Re: Grandstream GXP-2010**DISCUSSION

Understood. I suspected that a proper resolution might need 2 separate templates given the overlap between the GXP-2010 and the add-on carts.

I'll keep my own custom template as you have outlined.

Many thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.