Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Grandstream GXP1610

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vitor, Jan 3, 2019.

1. vitor

hello

i have installed the latest 3cx pbx version

Product Standard Annual
    Version Number

and using GXP 1610 Version 1.0.4.82, but I have noticed each time the phone register or I do some configuration changes it generates a incoming call... like a validation...

is this a bug?
    its possible to remove this feature?

thanks
    Vitor

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. vitor

hello Yiannis

its simple upload the firmware file?
    and do the provision? no need to do dhcp change etc?

thanks

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can update the firmware of the phones through the management console if the phones are registered. Navigate to Dashboard / Updates and make sure the firmware is downloaded. The through the phones tab you should be able to upgrade the firmware.

5. alan nogueira

Hello Victor,

There are many ways to do it, explained at 3cx tutorials.

The easiest one is loggin into your 3cx panel -> Phones -> select your Grandstream in the list (you have to provision it first) -> then click "Firmware" button. It will install automatically.

Here´s the link: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-supported-grandstream-gxp/

Unfortunately, it didn´t work for me.

The way i found was changing the update server in the phones gui:

1) open web browser and type your Grandstream´s IP address

2) the default user / password is admin / admin (if you have provisioned it in 3cx, the user is admin and the password you can see at the 3cx control panel -> extensions - click in the "password" button and use the one listed in the "Phone pwd" collumm - ITS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR EXTENSION PASSWORD).

3) Click "Manteinence" -> Upgrade and provisioning

4) At "Firmware" change "Firmware Upgrade via" to "HTTP" and Firmware server Path to "firmware.grandstream.com" and click "Save and apply".

5) Your phone will reboot and install the firmware. It will take several minutes...

6) After installing, factory reset your phone https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/factory-reset-grandstream-gxp/

7) Then you should provision your grandstream again (the full tutorial for this model: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gxp16-series/

Have a good luck, if you have any doubts please ask

Alan