Grandstream GXP2000 blf issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hoosier1077, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier1077

Hello,
    I have my 3cx server setup and functioning just fine with about 10ext all grandstream gxp2000, full working version of 3cx. I have the provisioning setup by manually adding mac and make of phone into the new extension, and it does seem to pull the phone into 3cx and show that its registered and provisioned. Making and taking calls works just fine, however I am trying to set the first "extra" button on the side of the phone to be shortcut to the park1 lline. This user has a phone in the front and back of the warehouse, and needs to be able to quickly throw a call on hold from one of the phones, and then pick it up quickly on the other phone. For some reason its not working through provisioning, and I was wondering if there was a good way to manually add that function to blf1 through the phone web gui? I tried typing sp0, sp1, etc... into the phone but doesnt seem to work correctly. Didnt know if there was another way, or abbreviation that the shared park 0,1,etc.. had in order to make those extra buttons on the phones work with them. I appreciate any help in advance, thanks.

2. willow

willow Member

after you added the button did you reprovision the phone. on my yealinks that are call park with a value of SP0 and it works like a champ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paul1

Grandstream phones have an issue with the alpha characters being in the extension on a BLF. (SP0 etc.) Grandstream could fix it in their firmware or 3cx could use some numberic value for the shared parking. For now you can do a workaround using a dummy extension with forwarding as follows:

You can create your own dummy extension for the transfer to the shared parking orbit. Assign the mobile number field of the dummy extension to the desired shared parking orbit. Upper case is required. (SP0, SP1 etc.) On the forwarding rules for the dummy extension choose Send call to my mobile number in the "Phone is Busy (unregistered)" section.

To park a call from the Grandstream phone press Transfer, dummy extension number, send.
    You can create a dummy extension fore each shared parking orbit as needed.

If you have enough BLF buttons you could dedicate one to the dummy extension to "send" the call to shared parking and another button configured as the normal shared parking button to monitor and pickup calls in the shared parking orbit.

I hope that helps until Grandstream updates their firmware.

Paul

4. willow

willow Member

can you set the function of the button not as BLF but as call park? can you upgrade the phone to a new firmware and try?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. willow

willow Member

If grandstream phones are the perferred phones, I wonder why this will not work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.